Beats Pro vs Studio help
Apr 24, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #34 of 99
Man, this is a very hard topic. I was looking around head-fi for what people are saying about some of these headphones. Many recommended the AD700 on this thread but this is what some members said on other threads (I made sure noobs weren't the ones posting these).

"I've heard AD700 and SRH840 (no M50 though), AD700 has great soundstage, sparkling treble, nice vocal, airy, but bass light. SRH840 has smaller soundstage, sweet vocal (definitely thicker than AD700), less sibilance, and also better bass.

for my preference, I choose SRH840 (fyi, I'm coming from MS1i)"

"The AD700 was my first set of cans that gave me a really nice soundstage. A *huge* difference from all of my closed cans (sans the DT770 which is the only closed set I have that had a decent soundstage). After the AD700 I think my tastes in music changed a bit, I used to be all bass but nowadays I am appreciating other aspects of headphones. AD700 sounds very airy, with a lot of "air" around the highs. The mids are excellent, not quite lush like the M50 but very clear and crisp while retaining a "floaty" feeling (unlike the M50 which often felt extremely grounded). Bass is there, detailed but light. I rarely felt I was missing it, and if I did you can EQ it in as noted."

It seems that for every pair of headphones there are completely different views on them. This is why headphone buying is so tough. The only thing one has to go on is another's word. Not many have the opportunity to go out and try any pair they want.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #35 of 99
People on this thread were being very sarcastic on the AD700's bass. It has very little bass.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #37 of 99
my budget is between 300-400 and i am looking for a headphone that has more or equal bass than the beats studios and also with a clear sound.

Do you understand that because the Beats cost $3-400 that it doesn't mean you have to buy something as expensive as them to get good or better sound?

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #38 of 99
It's very poor of some of you guys to be so disrespectful to a new member. Suggesting that he is a troll is inappropriate as well. If you had the slightest bit of sense, you could click on his username and view his previous posts, which would show you that he was searing beforehand for IEMs. That he screwed up and forgot to turn off caps lock once is not the end of the world.  Suggesting that I should lock a newbies thread because of the actions of others is just as bad. I've removed a bunch of posts now. Please only post here if you have a useful suggestion for the guy and not otherwise. This goes for any other thread too.

Sorry about that. I just jumped to conclusions because of his low post count and caps lock instead of viewing his posts like I should have. Sorry unknown909.
The thread was getting out of hand though. I just recommended the easiest solution.
It would be nice if you guys didn't recommend the AD700 for bass unless you clearly post that you're being sarcastic. Folks who don't know anything about headphones don't know you're being sarcastic :xf_eek:
Do not post recommendations for something you haven't tried.

@unknown909:
You should listen to what these guys have to say. They know their stuff.
Beats truly aren't worth it, not even for half the price. Maybe if it was quarter price, then it would create some competition.

Apr 24, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #39 of 99
The Beats Pro aren't bad actually. They're decent, like a similar sounding $100 headphone for what it does. For their absurdly high price, you can get sooooo much better though.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #40 of 99
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Heeey thur, I found all the smileys that ran away from my posts earlier on.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #41 of 99
It irks people like me, because I personally must have done at least a good 100 threads scan through on head-fi before I even posted my first topic on it.  It certainly isn't too hard to find a topic about beats and see what people recommend in place of them.  Sony xb line, dt770, dennon and ultrasone recommendations are found by the plenty.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #42 of 99
like others have said before in other threads and post, only you can tell the difference between what you like and what you'll feel most comfortable with. Some people have suggested Ultrasone 900 like i have but you are the only person who can determine if you like them in the end. If this is your first couple of headphones, then i would suggest working your way up to headphones like the Ultrasone 900. You will appreciate it more because of the difference you'll notice between each tier of headphones you go through. That's my two cents on it. If you like the beats go for it. If you haven't tried them out and are going by what others have said, then go to best buy to try them out. Also, please clarify whether you want closed/semi/open headphones. Closed headphones are headphones where very minimal sound goes out for others to hear, and as you go to open headphones, more and more sound gets leaked for others to hear. What would be conveinent also would be if you told us what kind of environment you're listening to these in. Open headphones wouldn't be very good if you're in a library. And as a general rule, most of the time open headphones are better than closed headphones (within the same price range) because of their openness. It gives you more soundstage and a better realistic feel for the song, but it all depends on your environment 

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #44 of 99
Denon D2000, easy to drive like mad, and have so much bass it give me a headache. :p I haven't heard the XB1000, but the D2000 is even more bassy than the XB700.

In my opinion the D2000 bass is drowning, instead of XB700's heavy.

Again, IMO again. And no D7000 is not sounding like D2000.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #45 of 99
OP I would seriously not mind giving you some suggestions, but we've answered this quite some times now. Just try using the search funtion. What you'll get are people hating on the Beats, justifiably so, and some models suggested. Or you can tell us what you like to listen to. I'm guessing you're not exactly an opera guy, so maybe bass is your priority, but maybe I'm wrong.

PS: this is me assuming you're not a troll since you've replied to the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back