Beats Pro vs Studio help
Apr 23, 2011 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 99

unknown909

New Head-Fier
WHICH ONE HAS MORE CLARITY AND BASS? ARE THERE ANY OTHER HEADPHONES THAT HAS MORE BASS THAN THESE? I HAVE NEVER TRIED THE PRO BUT I HAVE TRIED THE STUDIOS BUT IM WONDERING IF THE PROS WOULD HAVE MORE BASS THAN THE STUDIOS BECAUSE I AM A BASS GUY.

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #3 of 99
First off ur capslock. Second, yes, go for beats if bass is all u want. U can try the Sony XB series too.

^Ah...Na?
*cough* $400 dollar headphone *cough*

There are a lot more headphones that easily beat the Beats for half (lower) the price when it comes to bass.
I have not tried any of the high-end headphones, so I won't recommend anything, I'll leave that for the guy that posts after me.

If you want really good, bassy headphones, try Bass Pro Shop. They are pro when it comes to bass! (joke. I just had to)

EDIT:

tdockweiler, I had two of those when I was a kid! Think I got them from Bass Pro Shop. (seriously)

Apr 23, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 99
Just buy an Ultrasone Pro 900 or Denon D5000... and be astounded at how much better they are than the Beats. I've heard all three main Beats, and they sound like $150 or less in terms of sound quality. $400 gets you a MASSIVELY EPIC headphone if you choose correctly.

But if you simply must throw your money away to impress other people who know nothing about sound but want to look good for THEM, the Pros sound the best. I'd still go for an M50 which is just as impressive to me and costs not more than $100 and change.

Apr 23, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 99

Quote:
ATH M50.
wink.gif

Quote:
So the M50's are legit just as good as the beats? Thats pretty epic!

Oh great, here we go again with another random recommendation of the almighty M50's... *sigh*

No no no no no... no. You say you are a basshead. I had the M50's for a while and in terms of bass, they are nowhere near as bassy as beats. The M50's will not suffice if you like bass as much as you say you do. That just will not happen with those headphones, plain and simple. The M50's are better in every other aspect, but not with bass. The Sony XB series could get you that kind of bass. I have Crossfades and they're pretty good too, but I even have to ramp up the bass more with my ZO amp. There may be a few others that are up there in terms of bass, but it's tough to find a good balance between tons of bass and good sound quality at that price point.

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #10 of 99
You will look amazingly cool and hip wearing either model, so does sound really matter?

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #12 of 99
as an honest response, if you want bass and clarity for cheap get the shure srh750dj for $149.99. they are worth it but the only plus side to the beats pros is the durability. also i found they compared quite nicely to my old shure 750dj's. even though the beats were muddy sounding they were pleasurable. but definitely not worth $400.

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #13 of 99
I honestly don't know what to feel when reading this topic. Feel free to continue though. :D

Apr 23, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #14 of 99
The XB700 are good bass headphones. My friend has a pair, only cost him about $80 when they were on sale.

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID[0]=1193&graphID[1]=1383&graphID[2]=&graphID[3]=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones

Apr 23, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #15 of 99
in my opinion beats studios and pros may have a crap load of bass but its quantity not quality, the bass is WAY too loose, I would go with the creative aurvana live for bass or some bose joints. Actually, you can always get m50's and buy an amp to really boost the bass :p 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back