Beats Pro vs Studio help
Apr 25, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #76 of 99
I couldn't really say about the 580s, as I've never heard them.
Quote:

I may have to try the 780's then, do they have more bass than the 580's or about same? I really wish I could buy the XB700's but I can't bring myself to do it. I wouldn't be using them for home use only and I don't want to be out and about looking like I have two giant donuts strapped to my head. Sound is definitely more important than looks, but to a degree. Sometimes looks can be that big of a turn off. I know some that love the XB series and I am happy for them, but I just can't bring myself to buying them because I hate the look.

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #77 of 99
Demonic, I got curious and soared over HeadRoom's graph section, just to check the response of 3 models I consider as bassy, either by listening to them or by reading reviews. Apparently nothing can come close to the XB700 in quantity, and I don't think the quality is that bad either. The SRH750 I can testify myself to be quite bassy. The Ultrasone has pretty much the same ammount, with less treble roll-off and it's more of a midbass hump (Grado-like signature?). Hope this helps. Of course, if the giant doughnuts worry you, and they should since you'll look deranged walking around with that, there's always IEMs and portables. The HD25-1-ii that Jude reviewed are pretty bassy IMO.

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #79 of 99
They don't have deep bass, the kind of bass you want for rap/hip-hop. I've listened to friends beats using tracks that have a deep bass drop and they can't do it. Also look at this graph:

Mediocore $50 max.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #84 of 99
Well, if all you want to hear is bass coming out of your headphones, then yes, go blow $350 on them. If you actualy want to hear some music, then no. Get something else. My friends are all raving about them,  and I knew they were junk, but I had never tried them before. So I went into an Apple store and tried them out. I noticed that the bass was "okay". It was like half good, and half bad. It was like right in-between being really tight, and really muddy.

Overall, the one word that comes to mind about them, is overpriced. If you wanted to add to that, they would be overpriced, VERY dull, and overpowering in terms of base. The lows were okay, but they were just really dull. Something seemed off. It felt the mid's could only hit 5-6 notes. They wouldn't really change if you know what I mean. The high's were very flat, and I felt like they just dropped off at a certian point.

Don't buy them.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #85 of 99
XB700/1000 Ultrasone HFI-580/680, M50, Denon D2000. the list gos on and on.

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #86 of 99

Quote:
XB700/1000 Ultrasone HFI-580/680, M50, Denon D2000. the list gos on and on.

We have to remember the OP wants as much bass as beats. Granted, some of those have better quality bass but just not the quantity needed. There isn't too big of a list of headphones that have huge bass that still keep clear sound quality. XB700 is up there. The bass on M50 is nowhere near enough quantity though. Haven't tried the 580's but I've read in some of the other threads and reviews that they are only a bit of an increase from the M50's in terms of quantity. I have heard the Ultrasone Pro 900 being thrown around at that price range as being very bassy, the D2000 also. Those seem to be some of the most common ones under/around $400. If I had the money at this time I would pick one of those two by what others have recommended.

Apr 27, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #87 of 99
XB500. I have them, and I've heard they have more bass than the XB700, and the beats studios (tried them). Plus even though they sounded really muddy to me without EQ, I like them a lot with just a little bit of EQing.

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #89 of 99
if you want more bass than the beats, but more quality in the bass pluse a midrange and a highrange get the XB1000 in a few weeks when it shows up here.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #90 of 99

Quote:
its true that the shures are alot cheaper but how's the bass on those?

Quite impactful, very deep (which means it has a good dynamic range, i.e. frequencies it can reproduce). Not muddy at all. The bass is one of the aspects Shure was able to get very right in the SRH750 (I assumed that was the model you were talking about)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back