Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Thread
Apr 4, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #736 of 787

The cable on these sucks though and I can't handle the mod.  I'd wonder if a better cable can be had for a price that doesn't require the astro glide in abundance.

I had a cable replaced in a regular mobile phone/electronic repair shop. Used some Proel cable (a very budget but solid). To my ears, there was no change in sound.

May 22, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #738 of 787
Bought two pairs of these headphones years ago cause I like them so much. Geat sound and very portable.

My original pair had the soft plastic pivots for the cups. AT fixed this issue with a newer version of the pivot. Tried to fix myself as they sent me the parts but they used a lot of locktite and i destroyed my original pair. Sent in my new spare pair and had them done right.

I always wanted to change the cord on them.

A great portable headphone, the new version has me curious.

May 23, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #739 of 787
The new version should sound the same from what few impressions of it I've read.   It is apparently just a cosmetic upgrade, for the most part.

I kind of want to revisit ESW9A. Yet again, haha.

May 24, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #740 of 787
  The new version should sound the same from what few impressions of it I've read.   It is apparently just a cosmetic upgrade, for the most part.

Altough I loved the ESW9 sound, I love the ESW700 (ESW9 shells with ES700 drivers) more as they use newer drivers.
It would be huge dissapointment if the ESW950 doesn't bring anything new to the SQ. 

Aug 30, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #741 of 787
Don't you just love Head.Fi.

Was looking for a bass-head set of cans, somehow stumble upon this thread, read a few comments, saw the price on Amazon, ordered.

What!!
blink.gif

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #743 of 787
I would assume Audio Technica only has one location for manufacturing the ESW9 & ESW9a.
Not sure where that is?

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #744 of 787
Beach Camera/Buydig are authorized sellers.

Oct 5, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #745 of 787
It was a hard decision to make, but I'm sizing down my audio collection.
If anyone's interested, I'm letting my ATH-ESW9 go (comes with a Audio Technica hard case):
http://www.head-fi.org/t/822155/audio-technica-ath-esw9

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #746 of 787

My first few hours, impression has been very very satisfying. Ampless usage feels very... Liberating. Definitely transportable, but doesn't look durable, so, no go for everyday carry. Cable length is just right. I can sell all my gears and left with this pair only (but doesn't mean I would...) :wink:

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #747 of 787
The swivel plastic part of my ATH-ESW9 has broke after many years.

Where is a recommended place to order a replacement part?

Thanka in advance.

Regards
Expat

Dec 26, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #748 of 787
The swivel plastic part of my ATH-ESW9 has broke after many years.

Where is a recommended place to order a replacement part?

Contact ATH directly, I have successfully ordered some plastic part from the from US. They should have it, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back