Audio-GD Gear Delivered (FUN (A), DAC-19DSP, New C-2)...Let The Games Begin
Mar 20, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #46 of 114
Mucho nice gear HeatFan...
icon10.gif

Looking forward to your comparison impressions (A-GD vs. DM, Matrix, LD...).

May I also suggest less work and more Fun?
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #48 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by FauDrei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mucho nice gear HeatFan...
icon10.gif

Looking forward to your comparison impressions (A-GD vs. DM, Matrix, LD...).

May I also suggest less work and more Fun?
wink.gif

Thanks...I definitely need a vacation...
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

I'm really looking forward to comparing everything. Want to get at least 150 hours on Audio-GD. Going to start preparing with music selection, match-ups with amps, various headphones etc.....Good times ahead....
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A beautiful site they are.
wink.gif

Thanks...and solidly built with many features...
biggrin.gif

DAC-19DF & C-2 connected (RCAs for now) and burn-in has begun...Quick listen and I can say- plenty of power, no harshness and black backround....

beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #49 of 114
Eagerly waiting. Heatfan12 you have the most comparisonable equipment chain I ever seen on this forum. Keep writing please
popcorn.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #50 of 114
Wow, nice rig! The write-up I'm sure will be epic. It's always good to have at least a couple of amps to compare with, but you have a nice variety of gear to compare.

ulyses: If you think that collection is epic, you haven't seen what some of the big reviewers on here have in terms of headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #52 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulyses /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eagerly waiting. Heatfan12 you have the most comparisonable equipment chain I ever seen on this forum. Keep writing please
popcorn.gif

Thanks very much for the kind words ulyses
beerchug.gif
. I like taking a couple for the team...lol.....But then I don't want to sell them.....
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, nice rig! The write-up I'm sure will be epic. It's always good to have at least a couple of amps to compare with, but you have a nice variety of gear to compare.

ulyses: If you think that collection is epic, you haven't seen what some of the big reviewers on here have in terms of headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks very much Curra, it was a lot of your posts along with other Audio-GD customers that swayed me....I'm glad I took the plunge...
beerchug.gif

Having a little fun with the FUN and trying out the coax with the 01USD and a pair of Grados.....Still cooking, but I peek every now and then....DAC-19 & C-2 cooking upstairs....Good times....

grados2.jpg

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #55 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by aszental /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the fun have any problems powering a pair of HD650's?

I wanted to know,could someone give us some recommendations,I need this amp to drive AKG's and Grados

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #56 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'am awaiting the comparison,I need to get an amp,but if FUN is better then the C-2 then I wouldn't mind a high resolution DAC.

I doubt that the FUN will be better than the C-2. The old C2C was already better than the FUN. You can read my review here : http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...preamp-468522/

Quote:

Originally Posted by aszental /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the fun have any problems powering a pair of HD650's?

The Fun doesn't have trouble driving the HD-650 even with the low gain setting. For more details, you can read my review linked above.

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #57 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt that the FUN will be better than the C-2. The old C2C was already better than the FUN. You can read my review here : http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...preamp-468522/

The Fun doesn't have trouble driving the HD-650 even with the low gain setting. For more details, you can read my review linked above.

Thanks for your vital reply,now I need to decide whether to get the New C-2 and using my D4 as a DAC which is apparently a very decent one,or to get the FUN version A

Mar 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #58 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your vital reply,now I need to decide whether to get the New C-2 and using my D4 as a DAC which is apparently a very decent one,or to get the FUN version A

Many will disagree, but portable dacs won't come anywhere close to full-sized dacs. There's not even enough space in a portable chassis to put real capacitors
confused_face.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #60 of 114
Quick question in reference to ACSS. Believe me, I am trying to sort through all the many features of these products, but there are quite a few, so I am taking it all in stride...
wink.gif

When using ACSS, the gain feature on the C-2 is irrelevant?

I see it only works with the RCAs...Just want to confirm this is normal operating procedure...

Again, my apologies if I missed it somewhere, but there are many features to sort through....
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back