Audio-GD Gear Delivered (FUN (A), DAC-19DSP, New C-2)...Let The Games Begin
Mar 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM Post #16 of 114
Just sent Kingwa my $$$. --- FUN (A), DAC-19DF, New C-2, all 3 HDAMs for the FUN and all 3 HDAMs for the C-2, ACSS cable...Got in my car and drove east a little bit to Miami Beach and threw my wallet into the Atlantic Ocean...
icon10.gif

Returned home and made some space on my listening station, awaiting the arrival. Front and center and waiting- LD DAC_I, Matrix Mini-i and DacMagic. To their left my Woo Audio maxxed WA2 and to their right my KICAS (non-caliente).
Good times ahead...Upon arrival----Let the games begin...
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #21 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio-GD products have me curious for a while now. You see threads "which is better, this DAC or that DAC".."DAC "A" smokes DAC "B" etc. I mean c'mon, are they running a 40yd dash? The DAC19 vs. DacMagic thread, for instance. Lots of good info from both fanclubs. So, curiosity has the best of me. IMO, a lot comes down to personal preference/flavors, rest of gear, music genres etc.

I think there definitely is, but maybe more so system synergy and what one is used to. Someone who hasn't listened to music with an R2R DAC (or vinyl, for that matter) doesn't know what they are missing. I know, for example, my desire for detail, neutrality and natural instrument reproduction has meant I've stuck with Audio-gd for the most part, but also because Kingwa is an excellent guy.

Quote:

The OPAs- are they really necessary and if you choose not to go with them, how is the sound?
ACSS- I want to pair and compare the New C-2 with the DAC-19DF and the FUN. ACSS cable and RCAs? Does he sell the ACSS cable? Basically using the C-2 with both DACs (ACSS & RCA).

I'm looking forward to your comparisons. With the HDAMs, when I compared them to a couple of the better OPAMPs (the LME49710, OPA211 and OPA627) in the Compass, they were still slightly more detailed to my ears. Some people think that the AD797BRZ is the bees' knees and I might try a pair on an adaptor in the Fun sometime when I get around to it. The best results though will likely be the ACSS connection, as it will bypass the I/V and V/I stages in the DAC19 and C2 respectively and, IMO, any (arguable) need for a high quality interconnect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soberspine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a noob/stupid question. For Sennheiser HD-800 is DAC19DSP and C-2 setup good enough or they need something more expensive to get the best from them? At this price range you also can go with a Meier Audio setup.

I didn't like the HD-800s with the C2C so much. I feel it was slightly harsh in the treble. I don't know how the C2 compares to the C2C though. I'd consider at least the Roc for the HD-800s.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #22 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by dongringo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweeeet!!! I for one am really looking forward to your impressions. I don't feel sorry for your wallet. lol
L3000.gif

Thanks don...lol...My wallet is swimming with the fishes now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by St3ve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice haul HeatFan12!!

Thanks St3ve...

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious why you'd get the Fun and the C2? Is it for two different rigs?

Correct PJ, two different rigs and mixing and matching a bit with my current gear...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to your observations.. My my..you're gonna be busy...in a very good way...
beerchug.gif
Keep us updated !!

Thanks Trapper, will do...This is one thing I don't mind being too busy for...
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think there definitely is, but maybe more so system synergy and what one is used to. Someone who hasn't listened to music with an R2R DAC (or vinyl, for that matter) doesn't know what they are missing. I know, for example, my desire for detail, neutrality and natural instrument reproduction has meant I've stuck with Audio-gd for the most part, but also because Kingwa is an excellent guy.

I'm looking forward to your comparisons. With the HDAMs, when I compared them to a couple of the better OPAMPs (the LME49710, OPA211 and OPA627) in the Compass, they were still slightly more detailed to my ears. Some people think that the AD797BRZ is the bees' knees and I might try a pair on an adaptor in the Fun sometime when I get around to it. The best results though will likely be the ACSS connection, as it will bypass the I/V and V/I stages in the DAC19 and C2 respectively and, IMO, any (arguable) need for a high quality interconnect.

Sounds great Curra...Detail, neutrality and natural is what I'm really looking into. And yes, dealing with Kingwa has been great. Prompt responses and always attentive.

Well, the way I saw it when ordering was to just get all three HDAMs for each unit and not have to wonder "what if" the other ones sound better or different. FWIR, the Moon and Earth are sure winners with the Sun coming in second. I have various headphones and some swapping should accomodate them nicely... Throw in the ACSS connection and you have a lot of combos to play with and tailor to your liking...

Mar 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #23 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by soberspine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a noob/stupid question. For Sennheiser HD-800 is DAC19DSP and C-2 setup good enough or they need something more expensive to get the best from them? At this price range you also can go with a Meier Audio setup.

Curious about this as well, I'm about to pull the trigger on T1 myself, and from what I understand the HD800 and T1 will drive very similarly out of the same components.

Everyone has said the DAC19 DSP1 would be a fantastic pairing, probably the best sub-$1000, for the T1s, and of course they've mentioned that amp-wise a tube amp would be better, but for the most part consensus seems to be that it wouldn't be that much better that it'd be worth spending $500+ on a decent tube amp. They have all said that it will for sure drive them more than loud enough though.

As for the Meier Audio setup, I'd guess that the C2/DAC19 would be similar to the Concerto/StageDAC (judging by price on the DAC, and descriptions from others on the amps). Either setup would be a fantastic choice though (again, obviously for HD800/T1 a tube amp would be preferable).

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #25 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatFan12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys for all the help and feedback. Waiting for the arrival of the gear. Kingwa advised will ship within three days. Should ship tomorrow...I see good times ahead....
beerchug.gif

I moved some gear around and have a couple of spots ready...
biggrin.gif

arrivalm.jpg

I can't wait your comparison with the maxed WA2 and dacmagic.
beerchug.gif

Mar 11, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #27 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't wait your comparison with the maxed WA2 and dacmagic.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Omega...The wait is horrible...
biggrin.gif
...The WA2 is going to be very busy...lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio-gd cases are pretty heavy, if that's a wood rack I'd be careful not to go over the weight limit and not put them on the middle shelf.

Thanks for the heads up haloxt. I have read a lot about that. This cabinet is pretty solid with re-inforcements underneath. If not, will have to move one of my CDPs from the second section...
Thanks again...

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #28 of 114
Well, received the tracking #, however, I'm a bit confused. I thought they only ship EMS now to U.S....My tracking is DHL. Did I read somewhere that DHL was having problems with their shipments, or was that another company?

Also, on the Audio-GD site, DHL is not an option anymore for the U.S....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back