Audio-GD Gear Delivered (FUN (A), DAC-19DSP, New C-2)...Let The Games Begin
Mar 18, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #31 of 114
Well, DHL delivered the goods this morning, however, very long day at work, so just unpacked and will begin their due paces in the morning. I have to say these products are solidly built and haloxt, you were right- heavy too.
They are also bigger than what the pictures depict.

Very satisfied with the ordering process and attention to detail with packing and shipping...Emails were always promptly returned and all questions always answered professionally...Even when I could not make up my mind.....

Now, let's see how they sound...
beerchug.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #32 of 114
I found that the Compass took a very long time to burn-in. So dont be suprised if the audio changes through the first few days. I remember at one point, it started sounding BAD (~60 hrs). So bad that I didnt even listen to it that day. The next day, it was better. Just be prepared for some morphing. If I were you, Id run them non-stop for 5-6 days before doing an in-depth analysis. Several people noticed that a long burn-in period was necessary for audo-gd products in particular.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #33 of 114
I really cant wait for your impressions, as I was considering upgrading to the C-2/Dac-19dsp combo this summer. Your findings will probably be very influential in my decision. Well, them and whether or not I have money. lol

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #35 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nonstop 24/7 on is the proper way to run audio-gd equipment
tongue.gif

haha, i ran my dac19mk3 for 2.5 months straight when i first got it
smily_headphones1.gif
well maybe a couple short breaks, but not many

Mar 18, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #36 of 114
Quote:

tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed, even when fully burned-in, Audio-gd equipment sounds best when it is left on for a few hours. That is why I always let mine on 24/7
o2smile.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #37 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by arcer63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found that the Compass took a very long time to burn-in. So dont be suprised if the audio changes through the first few days. I remember at one point, it started sounding BAD (~60 hrs). So bad that I didnt even listen to it that day. The next day, it was better. Just be prepared for some morphing. If I were you, Id run them non-stop for 5-6 days before doing an in-depth analysis. Several people noticed that a long burn-in period was necessary for audo-gd products in particular.

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a plan....

Quote:

I really cant wait for your impressions, as I was considering upgrading to the C-2/Dac-19dsp combo this summer. Your findings will probably be very influential in my decision. Well, them and whether or not I have money. lol

Lol...Thanks...Will match everything up together and give you a detailed rundown...
beerchug.gif

Quote:

tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed, even when fully burned-in, Audio-gd equipment sounds best when it is left on for a few hours. That is why I always let mine on 24/7
o2smile.gif

24/7 it is....Thanks

Just connected the FUN to my laptop via usb and headphone out, to check it out and start the cooking. When I receive a new DAC, first I like to test and run it via usb for a while. Out of the box, I already like the sound...
icon10.gif

I heard about some harshness becoming apparent early on, but it is not the case. Volume maxxed with no music (of course)...black backround...Very important to me...KS and WASAPI work well, so all is good and the burn-in has begun on the FUN.

Question for FUN owners- I ordered the FUN (A). What is the stock configuration when shipped? Default sound flavor settings? I ordered the 3 OPAs for it, but don't want to open it up yet and start swapping. Want to get used to all the different configs first.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #38 of 114
How much Watt does say a DAC19 draw approx? Maybe vary a lot between models?

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #39 of 114
The comment about harshness may have come from me. I plugged the Symphones Magnums in when I first got mine, which are VERY bright headphones, so any harshness was very apparent.

Mar 19, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #40 of 114
Quote:

X2

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #41 of 114
Did HeatFan12 fall into a well or something ?

Maybe he hasn't taken the phones off yet and is passed out in his chair after a marathon listening session ?
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #42 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe he hasn't taken the phones off yet and is passed out in his chair after a marathon listening session ?
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Well he posted about the FUN in another thread so he can't be far.

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #43 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I'm just joking about it....I'm sure he's enjoying himself immensely
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Mar 20, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #45 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Peete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, today is only day 2 or 3 of burn-in.
i'm sure he's just waiting 'til everything has evened out...

beerchug.gif

The day I took delivery til' now, it's been non-stop work, work, work....16-17 hour days. Just had enough time to crank the FUN up and begin burn-in. Been running for about 50 hours now. Take my peeks here and there and it sounds awesome. Right now, I'm finally connecting the DAC-19 and C-2, so they can begin their paces.

A few quick pics---

audio3.jpg

audio1.jpg

audio2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back