Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 13, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #4,411 of 5,780
With SQ, there will be a difference between using AAC bluetooth and USB at the maximum bitrate, but I honestly don't think it's that bad. It much more depends on the files you are playing. But if you try to connect to a PC via bluetooth, it will probably only have the lowest-quality SDC codec. For features, you can adjust all the different 3D modes and EQ preset on the headset itself. You can NOT change the HRTF measurements (head size, etc) unless you use connect the headphones to a PC and use the app. IMHO, these measurements don't do that much, and it isn't a huge loss if you don't adjust them. If you only use "3D off", then the measurements don't matter.

I can't remember if my box was wrapped in plastic or not.
thank you

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #4,412 of 5,780
MS still hasn't approved the drivers? Seems like it's never going to happen.

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #4,418 of 5,780
Yeah US date format can be confusing, but that is from September.

Yeah, I figured as much looking at the Mac date. Still, the latest patchnotes are from May and refer to v5 - the latest official download states it's updated in September, and is still v5... but "beta". It just needs to be a tad bit more clear imho - but what do I know. :)

Edit: ...Turned out it was the same firmware as 6 months ago. Sooo nevermind.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #4,420 of 5,780
Anyone noticed that the AudezeHQ app is using 50% CPU (approx) and 50% GPU with the 3D animation on?

If you tick the box to disable the animations, the usage drops drastically, so if anyones having issues gaming with this headset and got the app open, try disabling the animations :wink:
Great find!

I'm seeing the same range of numbers.

Thanks for the tip.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #4,421 of 5,780
Anyone noticed that the AudezeHQ app is using 50% CPU (approx) and 50% GPU with the 3D animation on?

If you tick the box to disable the animations, the usage drops drastically, so if anyones having issues gaming with this headset and got the app open, try disabling the animations :wink:
Great find!

I'm seeing the same range of numbers.

Thanks for the tip.
You can do that or, I would suggest just closing the HQ app instead, there is no reason for the App to be open unless you are using it for head gestures

Nov 17, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #4,422 of 5,780
Took a couple tries and trying different USB ports but update seems to have installed correctly.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #4,423 of 5,780
Okay, I have never done any firmware updates before since getting my Mobius. I was a Kickstarter backer, so mine was part of the first shipments... I have not updated the firmware partly because I only use the Mobius to watch movies occasionally on my MacBook pro, and it works nicely in 7.1 mode with the 3d/headtracking engaged. The other reason is that updates have to be done with my Windows laptop, which I do not use all that often, unless when I am forced to, and I guess I'm usually too lazy to want to go the trouble of changing things with my windows machine when nothing seems to be going wrong with the Mobius.

Questions :
1. What advantage will I gain if I update to the latest firmware?
2. Do I still have to do the Fmr updates using my Windows laptop?
3. Has the AudezeHQ app for Mac been updated?

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #4,424 of 5,780
Okay, I have never done any firmware updates before since getting my Mobius. I was a Kickstarter backer, so mine was part of the first shipments... I have not updated the firmware partly because I only use the Mobius to watch movies occasionally on my MacBook pro, and it works nicely in 7.1 mode with the 3d/headtracking engaged. The other reason is that updates have to be done with my Windows laptop, which I do not use all that often, unless when I am forced to, and I guess I'm usually too lazy to want to go the trouble of changing things with my windows machine when nothing seems to be going wrong with the Mobius.

Questions :
1. What advantage will I gain if I update to the latest firmware?
2. Do I still have to do the Fmr updates using my Windows laptop?
3. Has the AudezeHQ app for Mac been updated?

Thanks.
All updates at the bottom of the page.
https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

I believe it must be windows but don't quote me.

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #4,425 of 5,780
If anyone is having any issues on Windows with latency / audio/video sync, get the Creative BT-W2 adapter. On my onboard or Plugable USB bluetooth adapters I was getting noticeable latency and the audio/video sync will be off. So I purchased the Creative BT-W2 adapter and I don't notice any latency issues. This makes the Mobius usable for gaming/YouTubing without plugging in the cable or even needing the APT-X Low Latency implementation. I didn't test the mic yet though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back