1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze Mobius review / impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Heavyboxer, Aug 31, 2018.
First

Back
285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294
296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last
  1. alexmason
    thank you

dubbzy104 likes this.
  2. DaOchin
    MS still hasn't approved the drivers? Seems like it's never going to happen.

3. Deders
    The new firmware is up

4. Nemmera
    I appreciate it being "up", but where? The blog referring to Firmware Update still states that the firmware is taken down temporarily.

5. Deders
    https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

It's included in the zip file for the app

6. Nemmera
    Thanks for the help!

It clearly states that it was last updated "9/4/19" though. I don't doubt you and I'll download it, but I just wished Audeze were better in their communication...

7. Deders
    Yeah US date format can be confusing, but that is from September.

8. Nemmera
    Yeah, I figured as much looking at the Mac date. Still, the latest patchnotes are from May and refer to v5 - the latest official download states it's updated in September, and is still v5... but "beta". It just needs to be a tad bit more clear imho - but what do I know. :)

Edit: ...Turned out it was the same firmware as 6 months ago. Sooo nevermind.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  9. WildmonkeyUK
    Anyone noticed that the AudezeHQ app is using 50% CPU (approx) and 50% GPU with the 3D animation on?

If you tick the box to disable the animations, the usage drops drastically, so if anyones having issues gaming with this headset and got the app open, try disabling the animations :wink:

Vader2k likes this.
  10. OldDarth
    Great find!

I'm seeing the same range of numbers.

Thanks for the tip.

11. KMann
    You can do that or, I would suggest just closing the HQ app instead, there is no reason for the App to be open unless you are using it for head gestures

12. DaOchin
    Took a couple tries and trying different USB ports but update seems to have installed correctly.

13. sahmen
    Okay, I have never done any firmware updates before since getting my Mobius. I was a Kickstarter backer, so mine was part of the first shipments... I have not updated the firmware partly because I only use the Mobius to watch movies occasionally on my MacBook pro, and it works nicely in 7.1 mode with the 3d/headtracking engaged. The other reason is that updates have to be done with my Windows laptop, which I do not use all that often, unless when I am forced to, and I guess I'm usually too lazy to want to go the trouble of changing things with my windows machine when nothing seems to be going wrong with the Mobius.

Questions :
    1. What advantage will I gain if I update to the latest firmware?
    2. Do I still have to do the Fmr updates using my Windows laptop?
    3. Has the AudezeHQ app for Mac been updated?

Thanks.

14. DaOchin
    All updates at the bottom of the page.
    https://www.audeze.com/pages/audeze-hq-software

I believe it must be windows but don't quote me.

15. legcramp
    If anyone is having any issues on Windows with latency / audio/video sync, get the Creative BT-W2 adapter. On my onboard or Plugable USB bluetooth adapters I was getting noticeable latency and the audio/video sync will be off. So I purchased the Creative BT-W2 adapter and I don't notice any latency issues. This makes the Mobius usable for gaming/YouTubing without plugging in the cable or even needing the APT-X Low Latency implementation. I didn't test the mic yet though.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
First

Back
285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294
296 297 298 299 300
Next

Last