1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze Mobius review / impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Heavyboxer, Aug 31, 2018.
First

Back
287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296
  1. SierraMadre
    I see. Thanks for answering. Can I assume then that your ears’ contact with the drivers for the stock pads was uncomfortable by comparison?

2. DaOchin
    Feels like my ears are compressed with the stock pads, gets uncomfortable after awhile.

My USB-C to C cable just started going bad but the USB-C to A is fine still.

3. Dave83
    Yes my doubt was whether to try to ask the seller to replace the bad cable with another, or if all USB-C to USB-A cables included with Mobius have this defect.

4. Deckard916
    My USB C - USB C cable was DOA when I got my mobius, the C - A one worked fine until I got a new C - C, haven't touched it since. My advice is just replace with a diff cable, the stock ones are quite shite.

5. KaiSc
    I had connection stability problems with the USB-A to USB-C cable (the only one I use).
    I solved them by applying a tiny amount of "Teslanol T6" (a very high quality contact cleaner, please see my other postings).
    I did NOT spray it, but used wooden toothpicks to apply really tiny amounts.
    This avoids damage from the contact cleaner entering into the devices.

Conclusion: the supplied cable is of minor quality and needs "help" to work properly, but then it does (at least here).

BTW:
    I can absolutetely recommend "Teslanol T6" for everyone having to deal with any kind of electrical connections.
    It can even improve sound when a connection isn't 100% perfect which is sometimes not so obvious.
    It doesn't have the downsides of other contact cleaners like eating metal platings or corroding copper.
    It's not expensive and nor is it snake oil:gs1000smile:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 4:43 PM
  6. DaOchin
    I purchased one over the weekend. Can confirm it does work. I haven't tried it with the Mic yet but the audio is very low latency so far with it plugged into particular usb ports.
    Range is not great but works pretty well so far.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 7:33 PM
  7. OldDarth
    KewL! With a PS4 right?

First

Back
287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296