Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 2, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #4,442 of 5,780
Feels like my ears are compressed with the stock pads, gets uncomfortable after awhile.

My USB-C to C cable just started going bad but the USB-C to A is fine still.

Dec 3, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #4,443 of 5,780
About your cable? Looks like it’s a bad cable... you figured that out

Feels like my ears are compressed with the stock pads, gets uncomfortable after awhile.

My USB-C to C cable just started going bad but the USB-C to A is fine still.

Yes my doubt was whether to try to ask the seller to replace the bad cable with another, or if all USB-C to USB-A cables included with Mobius have this defect.

Dec 3, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #4,444 of 5,780
My USB C - USB C cable was DOA when I got my mobius, the C - A one worked fine until I got a new C - C, haven't touched it since. My advice is just replace with a diff cable, the stock ones are quite crap.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #4,445 of 5,780
Can anyone give me feedback?
I had connection stability problems with the USB-A to USB-C cable (the only one I use).
I solved them by applying a tiny amount of "Teslanol T6" (a very high quality contact cleaner, please see my other postings).
I did NOT spray it, but used wooden toothpicks to apply really tiny amounts.
This avoids damage from the contact cleaner entering into the devices.

Conclusion: the supplied cable is of minor quality and needs "help" to work properly, but then it does (at least here).

BTW:
I can absolutetely recommend "Teslanol T6" for everyone having to deal with any kind of electrical connections.
It can even improve sound when a connection isn't 100% perfect which is sometimes not so obvious.
It doesn't have the downsides of other contact cleaners like eating metal platings or corroding copper.
It's not expensive and nor is it snake oil:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #4,446 of 5,780
I was under the impression the Mobius didn't work with the BT-W2. If it does that is great news as I am primarily looking for a wireless solution for my PS4 Pro.
I purchased one over the weekend. Can confirm it does work. I haven't tried it with the Mic yet but the audio is very low latency so far with it plugged into particular usb ports.
Range is not great but works pretty well so far.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #4,448 of 5,780
I purchased one over the weekend. Can confirm it does work. I haven't tried it with the Mic yet but the audio is very low latency so far with it plugged into particular usb ports.
Range is not great but works pretty well so far.

if your device is bluetooth 5.0, you would be surprised at the long range.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #4,449 of 5,780
@KMann

In Foobar, surround and side channels are messed up and the asio settings window wont reflect changes when fading the side & rear channels. Is this asio driver anomaly only in Foobar? My install? Sox at 48khz was implemented. No other dsp's used
https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html

We provide a ASIO driver for those who are not happy with the performance of the default Windows driver: https://www.audeze.com/products/asio-driver-for-mobius

Has anyone experimented with the asio driver for mobius? I have been using it in foobar and tried fading the rear channels up with no difference in audio. Only output 1&2(fL fR) fader alter volume. Tried with 2 different multichannel recordings and foobar output meters show all 5.1 as default. Asio Audeze LLC driver set for output.

Any idea where I might have gone wrong?

https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...-set-up-the-ASIO-driver-for-Mobius-in-Windows

edit:
Turns out when I choose the audeze asio driver as output it is not implementing the side and rear channels properly using the 7.1 audio test from hesuvi(played back in foobar) Switching back to the direct sound driver for now

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #4,450 of 5,780
@KMann

In Foobar, surround and side channels are messed up and the asio settings window wont reflect changes when fading the side & rear channels. Is this asio driver anomaly only in Foobar? My install? Sox at 48khz was implemented. No other dsp's used
https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/multichannel.html

We provide a ASIO driver for those who are not happy with the performance of the default Windows driver: https://www.audeze.com/products/asio-driver-for-mobius

This is one of the worst driver download processes i've ever seen.

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #4,451 of 5,780
yep... the BT-W2 is the adapter that I got to use with the PS4... works great... on a different subject... I have now tried the update on 4 different computers and non of them will run the software update at all... and yes I did uninstall before trying out the " BETA ".... I give up...

Dec 9, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #4,452 of 5,780
This is one of the worst driver download processes i've ever seen.
We agree. It will be changed, we needed to keep track of number of unique downloads as we pay a licensing fee for each download. Right now, we want it to be made available as quickly as could and we need to fit the process within the Shopify platform. We did not want to hold it up till the download process is simpler.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #4,453 of 5,780
yep... the BT-W2 is the adapter that I got to use with the PS4... works great... on a different subject... I have now tried the update on 4 different computers and non of them will run the software update at all... and yes I did uninstall before trying out the " BETA ".... I give up...
Can you please contact support? We are currently beta testing a new installer to address this same issue (of driver update)

Dec 9, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #4,454 of 5,780
I have now tried the update on 4 different computers and non of them will run the software update at all... and yes I did uninstall before trying out the " BETA ".... I give up...
I had to use a particular usb port before the update worked for me. It was failing every time until I figured that out. Try both USB C-C and USB A-C cables also.

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #4,455 of 5,780
DE860529-E180-48AE-9540-EBFA954D2B9E.jpeg
My solution to the uncomfortable headband. Dekoni nuggets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back