1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze Mobius review / impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Heavyboxer, Aug 31, 2018.
First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301
Next

Last
  1. PointyFox
    I'm using the built-in Bluetooth on my ASUS ROG Strix X470-I motherboard on Win 10 Pro and not getting any noticeable latency.

legcramp likes this.
  2. KMann
    We provide a ASIO driver for those who are not happy with the performance of the default Windows driver: https://www.audeze.com/products/asio-driver-for-mobius

legcramp likes this.
  3. Dave83
    But does the USB-A to USB-C cable included in the package work well for you?
    Other similar third-party cables (an originale P30 Pro cable and another bought online) do not give any problems with any USB port.
    Instead the original Mobius cable does not work on the front USB ports of my case (USB 3.0 connected to a USB 3.2 Gen1 connector) and even on some ports of my old PC, which only has USB 2.0 (does not work on 2 of 8 rear ports and on the front ports).
    The symptoms are always the same: the headset is not recognized by Windows or is recognized but does not emit any sound.
    Is my cable defective?
    The same cable, it gives me problems even if I connect my P30 Pro and in charging it is very slow even using the original charger.

4. OldDarth
    double post

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. OldDarth
    I was under the impression the Mobius didn't work with the BT-W2. If it does that is great news as I am primarily looking for a wireless solution for my PS4 Pro.

6. SierraMadre
    Has anyone tried these custom Mobius pads from Vesper Audio?

https://vesperaudio.com/earpads

"custom handcrafted perforated microsuede earpads cushions with memory foam and optional cooling"

I had to return/refund my Mobius because my ears touched the drivers with the stock pads (which doesn't normally happen to me with headphones) but I do miss the device and would buy again were it not for the pads. From what I've read, the later released gel pads are even thinner than the stock pads so would likely be no good to me either.

@KMann

Any plans for some thicker replacement/alternative pads?

Thanks

7. PointyFox
    My ears touched the drivers on the HD600/HD650, but they don't touch the Mobius drivers.

8. SierraMadre
    My ears don’t touch the driver on the HD600/HD650 but they do on the Mobius Drivers. ;-p

9. DaOchin
    Mine touched with the stock pads but not the gel.
    Those Vesper pads look like they would make the seal even worse.

10. SierraMadre
    That’s interesting to hear. So was it a case of the gel pads being thicker or firmer or both?
    As for the Vesper pads,I have read couple of positive reports here and there for the Möbius in particular and a few more for Vesper as a custom retailer.

Mad Lust Envy of head-fi gaming headphone threa fame reported good results with Shure 1540 Alcantara pads on the Mobius. Those are also perforated.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  11. DaOchin
    Gel is thinner but more firm so it kept its shape and the drivers are further away from my ears than stock.
    The very back of my ears touch very slightly but I don't really notice it.

12. SierraMadre
    Thanks. When you say the very back of your ears touch slightly do you mean they touch the inner rim of the pads or they touch the drivers themselves?

13. DaOchin
    The fabric covering the drivers

14. Dave83
    Can anyone give me feedback?

15. Jearly410
    About your cable? Looks like it’s a bad cable... you figured that out

First

Back
286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295
297 298 299 300 301
Next

Last