Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 30, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #4,427 of 5,780
If anyone is having any issues on Windows with latency / audio/video sync, get the Creative BT-W2 adapter. On my onboard or Plugable USB bluetooth adapters I was getting noticeable latency and the audio/video sync will be off. So I purchased the Creative BT-W2 adapter and I don't notice any latency issues. This makes the Mobius usable for gaming/YouTubing without plugging in the cable or even needing the APT-X Low Latency implementation. I didn't test the mic yet though.

We provide a ASIO driver for those who are not happy with the performance of the default Windows driver: https://www.audeze.com/products/asio-driver-for-mobius

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #4,428 of 5,780
But does the USB-A to USB-C cable included in the package work well for you?
Other similar third-party cables (an originale P30 Pro cable and another bought online) do not give any problems with any USB port.
Instead the original Mobius cable does not work on the front USB ports of my case (USB 3.0 connected to a USB 3.2 Gen1 connector) and even on some ports of my old PC, which only has USB 2.0 (does not work on 2 of 8 rear ports and on the front ports).
The symptoms are always the same: the headset is not recognized by Windows or is recognized but does not emit any sound.
Is my cable defective?
The same cable, it gives me problems even if I connect my P30 Pro and in charging it is very slow even using the original charger.

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4,430 of 5,780
If anyone is having any issues on Windows with latency / audio/video sync, get the Creative BT-W2 adapter. On my onboard or Plugable USB bluetooth adapters I was getting noticeable latency and the audio/video sync will be off. So I purchased the Creative BT-W2 adapter and I don't notice any latency issues. This makes the Mobius usable for gaming/YouTubing without plugging in the cable or even needing the APT-X Low Latency implementation. I didn't test the mic yet though.
I was under the impression the Mobius didn't work with the BT-W2. If it does that is great news as I am primarily looking for a wireless solution for my PS4 Pro.

Nov 30, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #4,431 of 5,780
Has anyone tried these custom Mobius pads from Vesper Audio?

https://vesperaudio.com/earpads

"custom handcrafted perforated microsuede earpads cushions with memory foam and optional cooling"

I had to return/refund my Mobius because my ears touched the drivers with the stock pads (which doesn't normally happen to me with headphones) but I do miss the device and would buy again were it not for the pads. From what I've read, the later released gel pads are even thinner than the stock pads so would likely be no good to me either.

@KMann

Any plans for some thicker replacement/alternative pads?

Thanks

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #4,434 of 5,780
Mine touched with the stock pads but not the gel.
Those Vesper pads look like they would make the seal even worse.

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #4,435 of 5,780
Mine touched with the stock pads but not the gel.
Those Vesper pads look like they would make the seal even worse.
That’s interesting to hear. So was it a case of the gel pads being thicker or firmer or both?
As for the Vesper pads,I have read couple of positive reports here and there for the Möbius in particular and a few more for Vesper as a custom retailer.

Mad Lust Envy of head-fi gaming headphone threa fame reported good results with Shure 1540 Alcantara pads on the Mobius. Those are also perforated.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #4,436 of 5,780
Gel is thinner but more firm so it kept its shape and the drivers are further away from my ears than stock.
The very back of my ears touch very slightly but I don't really notice it.

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #4,437 of 5,780
Gel is thinner but more firm so it kept its shape and the drivers are further away from my ears than stock.
The very back of my ears touch very slightly but I don't really notice it.
Thanks. When you say the very back of your ears touch slightly do you mean they touch the inner rim of the pads or they touch the drivers themselves?

Dec 1, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #4,438 of 5,780
The fabric covering the drivers

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #4,439 of 5,780
But does the USB-A to USB-C cable included in the package work well for you?
Other similar third-party cables (an originale P30 Pro cable and another bought online) do not give any problems with any USB port.
Instead the original Mobius cable does not work on the front USB ports of my case (USB 3.0 connected to a USB 3.2 Gen1 connector) and even on some ports of my old PC, which only has USB 2.0 (does not work on 2 of 8 rear ports and on the front ports).
The symptoms are always the same: the headset is not recognized by Windows or is recognized but does not emit any sound.
Is my cable defective?
The same cable, it gives me problems even if I connect my P30 Pro and in charging it is very slow even using the original charger.

Can anyone give me feedback?

Dec 2, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #4,440 of 5,780

Users who are viewing this thread

Back