Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #2,071 of 6,385
Anyone know of any particularly good classical works for (brass) horns?  I've recently become enamored by the way horns sound through LCD-3's.  I'd been too busy focusing on strings, when one night I realized there's something pretty sweet going on up in the brass section.

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #2,072 of 6,385
  Anyone know of any particularly good classical works for (brass) horns?  I've recently become enamored by the way horns sound through LCD-3's.  I'd been too busy focusing on strings, when one night I realized there's something pretty sweet going on up in the brass section.

+10 Yes horns are beautiful with LCD-3, I just go on buying Jazz Big Band music these late times.

Nov 14, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,073 of 6,385
Finally received my balanced Q cables for the LCD-3, first tests tonight 
biggrin.gif
 with a good whisky!

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #2,074 of 6,385
  Finally received my balanced Q cables for the LCD-3, first tests tonight 
biggrin.gif
 with a good whisky!

Enjoy the Q.  The Q is good.
  +10 Yes horns are beautiful with LCD-3, I just go on buying Jazz Big Band music these late times.

Big band usually isn't my cup of tea, but it might be just what I need to change things up a bit.

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #2,075 of 6,385

Enjoy the Q.  The Q is good.

Big band usually isn't my cup of tea, but it might be just what I need to change things up a bit

Yes the Q is good right now, and balance is good too :)

Try Mingus Big Band (very very good tribute band to Mingus), top musicianship with top recording quality!

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #2,076 of 6,385
  Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more....  Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year. 

Hi, Glad to hear you're enjoying your LCD-3's. I was a bit underwhelmed when I first got mine, but I must say after a few weeks of running in I'm really really enjoying them. What scares me is that I'm running them straight out of a MacBook at the moment (using Audirvana and lossless and some 24/96 tracks) and they sound pretty damn impressive. How much better will they sound once I amp/dac them? .... how is it possible????
Anyway glad you're enjoying your setup. 
L3000.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2,077 of 6,385

Hi, Glad to hear you're enjoying your LCD-3's. I was a bit underwhelmed when I first got mine, but I must say after a few weeks of running in I'm really really enjoying them. What scares me is that I'm running them straight out of a MacBook at the moment (using Audirvana and lossless and some 24/96 tracks) and they sound pretty damn impressive. How much better will they sound once I amp/dac them? .... how is it possible????
L3000.gif

Hi, what you'll get with a good DAC and Amp is a more natural sound, more open and direct; sometimes it's very subtle when considering the price you will pay for this DAC and Amp but it makes the difference.

Don't hesitate to add a good cable and go balanced, that also make difference that in the end make it really nice. I just received Q cable balanced French silk (and was used to stock cables single ended) and it's a real step up, the small thing that make you closer to audio bliss!!!

Also try if you can to get some vinyls/turntable once you got your amp, this is very very "bluffy" with good recordings (see my signature).

Musically yours :)

Nov 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2,079 of 6,385
Nov 14, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #2,080 of 6,385
  +10!!!

+20!!!!

im still undecided in whether i should get the LCD-X or not. the LCD-3 have such a nice midrange and overall sound. but they can be a little too lush for some things.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #2,081 of 6,385

L3000.gif

Not only would it improve from a dac, but the actual headphone as it is being powered from the macbook is probably being very underpowered. Imagine how good it will be fully powered.

DG...

You know headfi's answer to this...

own both !

evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #2,082 of 6,385

L3000.gif

Blasphemous! Seriously why buy a $2000 headphone when you are using cheap inbuilt soundcards from a Macbook? It will improve a great deal with proper amplification and source
Definitely look into that.
Seriously, you are hearing like half the potential these headphones have
Currently just powering a Mad Dog 3.2 ($300) from my Macbook Pro (no portable/dac amp yet) and that's frowned upon here too

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #2,083 of 6,385
Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more....  Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year. 

Welcome to HeadFi, sorry for your wallet! :D

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,085 of 6,385
  Blasphemous! Seriously why buy a $2000 headphone when you are using cheap inbuilt soundcards from a Macbook? It will improve a great deal with proper amplification and source
Definitely look into that.
Seriously, you are hearing like half the potential these headphones have
Currently just powering a Mad Dog 3.2 ($300) from my Macbook Pro (no portable/dac amp yet) and that's frowned upon here too

Especially from an ortho....I'd really look to put about 1.5-2W at least into them. Sorry, no inbuilt soundcard is gonna come close to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back