Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,607 of 6,385

Your little birdy was high :wink:  The LCD-3 on a First Watt F3 sounded worse in every way compared to the much less expensive Burson Soloist.

Well apparently we're talking about systems like the integrated amp by Odyssey... Yeah, I figure it would fit, Audeze and Odyssey :)

But seriously?

When I'll buy the LCD-3's I'll have big problems with choosing the right amp, why? Cause this poor country called Israel don't have anything, Audeze came here just recently. I don't like buying before trying. You don't have a system here where you can "borrow" something and then if you don't like it, give it back within whatever time frame they are giving you, no... It's all about - if you opened it, it's yours!

I've heard wherever I'm moving, germany, in EU they've got that system where no matter if you don't like it, you can return it within 14 days.

We don't have the Burson here, the closest to this we've got the Bryston BHA-1, and it's also out of stock (No demo sample) as well as very much overpriced (Google: 7990 ILS to USD). The closest I have listened to the LCD-2 on a high-end system was the Leben CS-600 amp, and I doubt they've driven it well enough cause I was feeling like it lacks power a bit, though sound was still excellent.

There are 2 possibilities that I can see right now - Get the Audio-gd NFB-10ES2 and not mind risking a lot of money going down the drain and know that I will at least have something well reviewed + balanced output, or go for whatever other people suggested which is buy (somewhere, no idea) these speaker taps which I have no idea how they work cause nobody really knows how that works, either... and go test speaker amps until I'm satisfied.

Also sometimes second hand is a good idea...

Sep 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #1,608 of 6,385

Well apparently we're talking about systems like the integrated amp by Odyssey... Yeah, I figure it would fit, Audeze and Odyssey :)

But seriously?

When I'll buy the LCD-3's I'll have big problems with choosing the right amp, why? Cause this poor country called Israel don't have anything, Audeze came here just recently. I don't like buying before trying. You don't have a system here where you can "borrow" something and then if you don't like it, give it back within whatever time frame they are giving you, no... It's all about - if you opened it, it's yours!

I've heard wherever I'm moving, germany, in EU they've got that system where no matter if you don't like it, you can return it within 14 days.

We don't have the Burson here, the closest to this we've got the Bryston BHA-1, and it's also out of stock (No demo sample) as well as very much overpriced (Google: 7990 ILS to USD). The closest I have listened to the LCD-2 on a high-end system was the Leben CS-600 amp, and I doubt they've driven it well enough cause I was feeling like it lacks power a bit, though sound was still excellent.

There are 2 possibilities that I can see right now - Get the Audio-gd NFB-10ES2 and not mind risking a lot of money going down the drain and know that I will at least have something well reviewed + balanced output, or go for whatever other people suggested which is buy (somewhere, no idea) these speaker taps which I have no idea how they work cause nobody really knows how that works, either... and go test speaker amps until I'm satisfied.

Also sometimes second hand is a good idea...

ive heard good things about the NFB 10ES2

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,609 of 6,385
Second hand is always a good idea unless you can get a huge discount or have money to just throw away.

Don't kid yourself very few of us hear any of this stuff before buying and very few companies have trials.

One of the big problems with speaker amps is high gain and accompanying noise floor.  Not a huge deal with the HE-6, big issue with the LCD-3 or HD800.

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,611 of 6,385
  Second hand is always a good idea unless you can get a huge discount or have money to just throw away.

Don't kid yourself very few of us hear any of this stuff before buying and very few companies have trials.

One of the big problems with speaker amps is high gain and accompanying noise floor.  Not a huge deal with the HE-6, big issue with the LCD-3 or HD800.

Explain this:http://www.head-fi.org/t/649107/speaker-amps-for-headphones

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #1,613 of 6,385

Explain this:http://www.head-fi.org/t/649107/speaker-amps-for-headphones

Can't speak for others.  Just tell you what I experienced.  If it isn't an HE-6, a headphone amp has been better.

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #1,616 of 6,385
Come on, you can't be hating on these so much there's a whole thread about it where people say they have found audio nirvana, haha...

Aren't headphones still a kind of speakers?

Oh and countdown begins - 2 weeks and 3 days more or less and the store has the audeze LCD-3's. I hope I can get a listen before I buy, though I'll still be buying.

The guy considers Leben CS600 as the best match for the LCD's in general. I felt some lack of power (I've heard the LCD's should give you proper bass, I didn't feel it until I used bass boost) and of course the tube sound.

This time around I'll be burning a CD or two (Too bad it's 16/44.1 from 24bit/96-192khz though) to test more familiar music and proper Masterings (I know they are proper cause they sound this to me).

The guy is looking for some good amps to join his collection which he sells, being the only distributor of Audeze, I suggested a few, he was looking at Woo Audio before, Schiit, and now he's looking at Eddie Current (At the moment he's seriously thinking about this, are these any good, say with the LCD's?). Have you people got anything you can recommend? I'll tell him.

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #1,618 of 6,385
I still enjoy my LCD-3 very much, even after reading the 250+ previous messages in a row.
biggrin.gif

P.-S.: Sorry for NOT being off-topic ...
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #1,619 of 6,385
Has anyone tried their Audeze LCD-3 with movies yet? I'm wondering how they sound compared to the HD700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back