Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jul 1, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #4,291 of 6,385

Bit the bullet on the used Mjolnir. 

Pairs very well with the LCD3 i must say (as mentioned by Wildcats). 

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #4,292 of 6,385

Bit the bullet on the used Mjolnir. 

Pairs very well with the LCD3 i must say (as mentioned by Wildcats). 

It really is a great, complimentary, combination; happy that you enjoy it as well. Looking forward to reading your further impressions!

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #4,295 of 6,385
Hi Jiexi, i would think so. 

Haven't heard the 2nd version so i can't really comment -  but i'm really enjoying the Mjonir / LCD3 combination right now. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #4,296 of 6,385
Got my 2016 LCD3Fs from a super nice dude on the forum. I only have the 2015 LCDXC to compare to, but these are definitely not as neutral, still deciding if I like them more or less, or just equally because they're not intended to better than the other, just different.

Aug 4, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #4,298 of 6,385
Not sure if this the right place to post. Doesn't seem like this thread is as active as the other Audeze threads.

But I recently upgraded to the lcd-3. And I decided to buy the Carbon fiber headband to swap out my lcd-3 headband. I was surprised at how small it is. Just got it in the mail. Haven't had time to compare my lcd-3 headband, but I was just shocked at how tiny it is. I'm wondering if it just looks smaller because it's not on the headphone itself.

It's kind of silly, but it's hard to believe this was $200. Going to swap them out later. But still surprised at how small this is :p

Aug 4, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #4,299 of 6,385
Not sure if this the right place to post. Doesn't seem like this thread is as active as the other Audeze threads.

But I recently upgraded to the lcd-3. And I decided to buy the Carbon fiber headband to swap out my lcd-3 headband. I was surprised at how small it is. Just got it in the mail. Haven't had time to compare my lcd-3 headband, but I was just shocked at how tiny it is. I'm wondering if it just looks smaller because it's not on the headphone itself.

It's kind of silly, but it's hard to believe this was $200. Going to swap them out later. But still surprised at how small this is
tongue.gif

I had the same reaction, although it only looks small because of the clamping force has it fully curled without the cans/pads attached. It looks much larger and more proportional once you get it on the rods:

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #4,300 of 6,385
the carbon fiber headband is super comfy, audeze should replace the old one on every lcd

Aug 5, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #4,301 of 6,385
I purchased a pair of new LCD-3s a couple of days ago and I finally had time to sit down and spend a couple of hours with them this evening. I am driving the LCD-3s with an Oppo HA-1, using an iPhone to stream music from Tidal and Qobuz. I don't have the experience to offer comparisons or detailed analysis of what I have been hearing but, on an emotional level, I have been blown away. This evening I rummaged around Qobuz alternating between music I am familiar with (Radiohead, Beefheart) and music completely outside my comfort zone (Bill Evans, Tony Bennett, Brahms, Shostakovich). It has been absolutely joyous. It's the piano that gets me. The overtones and resonances are so warm and enveloping. I have never heard recorded piano sound this good. There is a intimacy to it that sets it apart.

Needless to say I am very, very happy.

Aug 9, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #4,303 of 6,385
Hi everyone -
Considering the Lcd-3 or the Lcd-X.
Any advice? Thank you

I tried both, preferred the 3 because of the "richer" midrange tone. Personally I found the X to be slightly grainy, you'll definately get differing opinions on the X Thread. The X is much easier to drive, but theses are large, fairly heavy cans, doubt many people use them on the go.

As far as amps go, I've had excellent results with the Pro iCan, Taurus Mk. 2, MicroZOTL 2 even my little Fiio X7 with the Amp3 balanced. PM if you have any specific questions I may answer. Either way you can't go wrong, they are both very good, cheers!

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #4,304 of 6,385
Haven't heard the X, but after the 2 and 3, I think 'graininess' is just a revelation of the mastering of the recording itself, something you might not have heard on less revealing headphones.

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #4,305 of 6,385
Haven't heard the X, but after the 2 and 3, I think 'graininess' is just a revelation of the mastering of the recording itself, something you might not have heard on less revealing headphones.

Not sure about that, it was on my Refereance Rig, in comparison to the HD800 and LCD-3f, always a possibility though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back