Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #286 of 6,385
Soup, what are ya gonna use on the 3s for power?

To support the Bryston/LCD combo, I have to tip the cap to it as well. Prepro's setup was very impressive with the 2.2 and Bryston.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #287 of 6,385
Quote:
To support the Bryston/LCD combo, I have to tip the cap to it as well. Prepro's setup was very impressive with the 2.2 and Bryston.

I suppose he's going to at least try them with the F1.  It's worth a try sense he has it already.  Unless you think it has to much power / current for the LCD-3s?

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #288 of 6,385
He also has the headphone amp on the D2 but I doubt either will be a good match. Could be wrong on the F1 though. You can really distinguish the improvement in impact with all that current on the 6s. And the little visit with the Emotiva/LCD also impressive, so it may well sound epic on the F1. It's time for a mini meet after TG and before Christmas.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #289 of 6,385
Quote:
All things have to be considered in context...but no, these are not a significant upgrade in sound quality for the price paid.  I do enjoy their sound more than the LCD-2.2s I own, but I prefer the extra comfort the most.

It's funny how god-knows-how-expensive amps and dacs are always a "significant" upgrade, but LCD-3 isn't.
biggrin.gif
But yeah I'm happy to have paid 70% retail for used LCD-3's, definitely worth it.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #291 of 6,385
Nov 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #292 of 6,385
I suppose he's going to at least try them with the F1.  It's worth a try sense he has it already.  Unless you think it has to much power / current for the LCD-3s?

I was definitely gonna try them with the f1, I'm sure it'll sound awesome, it just isn't really necessary with them is all. So if I decide I like them more ill sell the f1 and buy a mjolnir or I was thinking maybe something like a DNA Stratus looks cool too

Yeah I would probably get a mjolnir instead, but I want to try some tube amps with them as well. So I may live with the D2s built in amp for a while till I find what I want.

But yeah, definitely need another mini meet. I'm done with ALS on the 6th and I fly home the 17th, so any weekend between there I'm down guys

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #294 of 6,385
Got 'em in already. Nice!

I couldn't wait for UPS's usual delivery time (usually 8pm), so I commandeered it at the arrival station in town this morning.

I really like the convenience of the travel case. It's a nice touch.

Only one imperfection found so far and that is a marred screw on the cup. The assembly technician should have just swapped out the screw when s/he saw that they damaged it. It would have taken 5 seconds. Other than that, it's a good looking headphone. The lamb skin is very soft and comfortable. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #296 of 6,385
Esh new pad change again?  The front of those two pairs is a good deal deeper than mine from June :frowning2:

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #298 of 6,385
Quote:
Esh new pad change again?  The front of those two pairs is a good deal deeper than mine from June :frowning2:

If you keep them in the case I'd recommend keeping the foam insert that came with them between the two drivers.  That will help to keep them from compressing when not in use, as it keeps the earcups separated.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #299 of 6,385
I keep mine on a table, the pads don't touch.  The leather itself is only 15mm or whee bit over 1/2" inch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back