Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #256 of 6,385
Quote:
On an unrelated issue does anyone else notice an addiction to having headphones on?  I've been getting a sort of buzzing in my ears without headphones on and my ears are very sensitive now. 

You sure it's not tinnitus.

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #257 of 6,385
Quote:
You sure it's not tinnitus.

pretty sure. It's nothing unpleasant or annoying. Just noticeable. I have had hearing loss but that was only for a day or two years ago. I've been cleared and would consider my ears to only be mildly ruined. Plus I'm usually at a very comfortable volume. 

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #259 of 6,385
Quote:
Just a quick question, do the LCD-3s still come with both a single ended and a balanced cable in the box?

It doesn't look like it.

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #261 of 6,385
Nov 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #262 of 6,385
Quote:
yes they do. I just bought a pair 3 weeks ago.

Cool, thanks for the help...i think im gonna be jumping into the waters here very shortly, as in i just tried to order a pair, but it got hung up for a high charge on the weekend and my card company blocked it, and they arent open on the weekend for me to call and let them know it was ok -_- so i wait till tomorrow

I just really want to hear these and compare them to the HE-6s on my own, reading impressions on here will never get to the bottom of it

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #263 of 6,385
Quote:
Shouldn't that mean any dealers like Moon Audio would do the same? 

I doubt that the dealer has anything to do with what's inside the wood case unless they open up all the products they receive from the manufacturer. It's all factory sealed. Or at least it should be.

Nov 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #264 of 6,385
Quote:
Cool, thanks for the help...i think im gonna be jumping into the waters here very shortly, as in i just tried to order a pair, but it got hung up for a high charge on the weekend and my card company blocked it, and they arent open on the weekend for me to call and let them know it was ok -_- so i wait till tomorrow

I just really want to hear these and compare them to the HE-6s on my own, reading impressions on here will never get to the bottom of it

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised by the look, feel and sound of the lcd 3's. The smell of these things alone is worth it!!!

If by some chance you don't get your balanced cable just let me know and you can have mine.

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #268 of 6,385
Quote:

Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

I can think of no two better complimentary orthos to use. Sucks about the credit card fraud. Had that happen twice over the past 7 years...a pain, but nothing to worry about.

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #269 of 6,385
Quote:
Congrats! 
beerchug.gif

I can think of no two better complimentary orthos to use. Sucks about the credit card fraud. Had that happen twice over the past 7 years...a pain, but nothing to worry about.

yeah its not actually fraud, its just them trying to be nice and protect me, so i cant get too upset about it. Ill just have to wait till tomorrow to call and get it cleared up since they arent open on the weekends for that stuff.

Im super excited to compare the two, I can read for days and see just as many people say each one is better than the other, Im impatient and want to know for myself 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #270 of 6,385
Quote:

yeah its not actually fraud, its just them trying to be nice and protect me, so i cant get too upset about it. Ill just have to wait till tomorrow to call and get it cleared up since they arent open on the weekends for that stuff.

Im super excited to compare the two, I can read for days and see just as many people say each one is better than the other, Im impatient and want to know for myself 
smily_headphones1.gif

Funny with credit cards they either go too far one way (like when I was buying a new garage door at my local Home Depot...1.5km down the street) vs. someone buying $3000 worth of Nutri-sweet products in the Middle East. I'll let you guess which one got flagged and which one was let through without issue. 
tongue.gif

Both are very clean and fast and offer some of the best sonics this side of the SR-009s. But you know which one I prefer....interested in hearing your thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back