Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 12, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #391 of 13,134
Stressful after work? Need to relax and tune in to the music?  For me there is also some "magic" hours. Always played well for me. Only soundstaging and comfort that can sometimes frustrate me..
Maybe the LCD-2 do need warmup as well though. I remember how bright it was during our cold winter with colder and drier air also indoors. It seem to affect the LCD-2 more then any of my other headphones.

My solid state amp I leave on. Feel a bit bad about that but it´s not a megawatt amp at least. As for my tube yes don´t need much time to enjoy that.

May 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #392 of 13,134

Quote:
I own two Corda arias and they're nice sounding amps, but I've found they do need over half an hour to sound their best.  Secondly, the Aria doesn't have anywhere near enough power to make the LCD-2 sound their best.  The LCD-2s themselves shouldn't need any real "warm up" as such.  I would suggest giving yourself a couple more weeks to get used to your stuff, and remember, you're got lots of room left for upgrading!  Maybe you are subjected to a lot of noise and stress at work and you need time to decompress after you get home?  Take care of your ears man, there is no upgrade for them!!

Yeah I have not noticed any warm up time with the LCD-2's, The Lyr that I'm using for them takes maybe a minute to warm up as the tubes I'm using run hot..

May 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #393 of 13,134

Thanks for the replies!

Quote:
^^ Do you keep your amp turned on while you're away or allow it to warm up before listening? 
wink.gif

I used to leave it on for 24/7 to break it in, but now have ot turned off when I'm not home, kind of to prolong the tubes' life.

Quote:
Is your amp broken in or is it new?

I have it for a few months, and use it massively, so It's a couple of hundred hours usage old   

I guess I'll just leave it on, worst scenario - another pair of tubes to roll.

Quote:
I own two Corda arias and they're nice sounding amps, but I've found they do need over half an hour to sound their best.  Secondly, the Aria doesn't have anywhere near enough power to make the LCD-2 sound their best.  The LCD-2s themselves shouldn't need any real "warm up" as such.  I would suggest giving yourself a couple more weeks to get used to your stuff, and remember, you're got lots of room left for upgrading!  Maybe you are subjected to a lot of noise and stress at work and you need time to decompress after you get home?  Take care of your ears man, there is no upgrade for them!!

That must be it! The Corda warming up. Thanks for the info.

I personally never turn the volume up past 11 o'clock (non-USB mode), and it sounds surprisingly smooth and full, nothing like the frustration I felt while using it with the HD595's.
I have a used M^3 coming soon, will see where I go from there.
Thanks again!

May 12, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #394 of 13,134
Could anyone who has bought a pair recently comment on the current wait time? Looking at some of the older reviews they mentioned 1-3 months. I'm interested in ordering a pair, but will be moving soon and don't want any issues with them going to the wrong address.

May 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #395 of 13,134
The wait time has been eliminated, Audeze is all caught up now and are actively shipping them out to other retailers as well as continuing to sell them direct.

May 12, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #396 of 13,134
Just got my pair today. While I have heard them before at meets, this is the first time I can truly appreciate how good they are. They are quite an upgrade from my LA2000, not as bassy and instrument separation is just phenomenal. The Denon headphone seemed so congested in comparison. Can't wait for my Norse Audio balanced cable to arrive on Saturday. 

May 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #397 of 13,134
Is it just me but I can only wear LCD2 for about an hour, after that I start to get lot of pressure from front and upper side of my ears.

I have Beyerdynamic DT990 and it's pretty comfortable compare to lcd2.

Any thought ?

May 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #398 of 13,134
Is it just me but I can only wear LCD2 for about an hour, after that I start to get lot of pressure from front and upper side of my ears.

Any thought ?

I'm not a marathon listener like some so an hour would be it for me too and I would probably have a little tenderness from the cups. You could adjust them and thus reduce the pressure exerted but I wouldn't lest it would affect the sound.

May 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #399 of 13,134
That's the same spot that starts to get a little tight for me after listening to them for a while.  I normally just adjust the cups forward a bit for a couple songs, and then slide them back into place.

Quote:

Any thought ?

May 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #400 of 13,134
I used to get that pressure on my temples with my first LCD-2 but not with the more recent pair, which seems to have minimally less tension and subtly softer earpads. I would try bending the band out a bit more down by the earpieces, where it is already bent. I would think that you could always bend it back if it changes the sound.

May 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #403 of 13,134

I probably have the largest head in the world then. :)

I had to extend the headband all the way to the end to fit my megamind head.

Even Beyerdynamic headphones are too small for my head, thought that Germans are bigger. :)

May 15, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #405 of 13,134
It is late. So far I have listened to Patty Griffin's album Downtown church , John Mellencamp, Jennifer Warnes, famous blue raincoat and now finishing the evening off with Massive attacks mezzanine and the way the LCD2's handle such diverse music and allow me to not only enjoy but also fully immerse myself in it is truly remarkable. I have not heard headphones before that can handle such diversity with such clarity and immersion.. Truly wonderful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back