Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 19, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #422 of 13,132
Alternately, one can buy the Pelican 1400 from B&H for about $60.

Quote:
I think 32 Ohm Audio is selling the travel case separately.

May 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #423 of 13,132
My LCD 2 arrived today at my house. I have a few more hours at work and then I decided to go for a 50 mile or so bike ride with my crew because it has rained in NY for like 5 straight days. Then, finally, I can test these suckers out. BTW shipping from audeze was crazy fast i just ordered a few days ago, i guess the $22 was worth it.

May 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #424 of 13,132
I to ordered a set of LCD-2 from Drew at Moon Audio and they are do to arrive on Friday. Drew gives a most excellent deal on the phones and shipping. I am looking forward to what all the buzz is about.

May 19, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #425 of 13,132

Quote:
My LCD 2 arrived today at my house. I have a few more hours at work and then I decided to go for a 50 mile or so bike ride with my crew because it has rained in NY for like 5 straight days. Then, finally, I can test these suckers out. BTW shipping from audeze was crazy fast i just ordered a few days ago, i guess the $22 was worth it.

Congrats John, be sure top let us know what you think!

May 19, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #426 of 13,132

Quote:

Congrats John, be sure top let us know what you think!

No doubt Vince. I bought Pro 900's off you what less than 2 months ago and now I'm rocking LCD 2's lol. Funny how this head fi game can grab a hold of you. Anyway, man right out of the box, no burn in two things very noticeable: incredible bass punch and quality, and a mids machine. I'm not going to get all technical I'm too new to this hobby and just isn't my style. I am only listening to trance, DnB and that kinda stuff for the time being right now, I will try everything else tonight and mainly on the weekend.

I will say this though, anyone who listens to anything EDM or that nature and want to step your game up, these are the headphones you pick, no question. I said that with the D7000's not too long ago, and now I'm saying with the LCD 2's. Out of the box just really taken away, pairs very well with the Yulong D100 and Schiit Lyr. Just really blown away at the moment. It takes a lot for something to really impress me, and this takes the cake by far in my head fi career to this point. Just a very happy camper right now.

May 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #427 of 13,132

Quote:
No doubt Vince. I bought Pro 900's off you what less than 2 months ago and now I'm rocking LCD 2's lol. Funny how this head fi game can grab a hold of you. Anyway, man right out of the box, no burn in two things very noticeable: incredible bass punch and quality, and a mids machine. I'm not going to get all technical I'm too new to this hobby and just isn't my style. I am only listening to trance, DnB and that kinda stuff for the time being right now, I will try everything else tonight and mainly on the weekend.

I will say this though, anyone who listens to anything EDM or that nature and want to step your game up, these are the headphones you pick, no question. I said that with the D7000's not too long ago, and now I'm saying with the LCD 2's. Out of the box just really taken away, pairs very well with the Yulong D100 and Schiit Lyr. Just really blown away at the moment. It takes a lot for something to really impress me, and this takes the cake by far in my head fi career to this point. Just a very happy camper right now.

Nice. I had the same experience going from the Denons to the LCD.

May 19, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #428 of 13,132

You will like the paring even more once you get into tube rolling the Lyr and get those JJ's out of there. They sound good for Trance,techno etc but thats it

May 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #429 of 13,132

Quote:
Quote:

You will like the paring even more once you get into tube rolling the Lyr and get those JJ's out of there. They sound good for Trance,techno etc but thats it

I got the valhalla ones in now..but I will i gotta go over that massive thread when i get a chance

May 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #430 of 13,132

Quote:
No doubt Vince. I bought Pro 900's off you what less than 2 months ago and now I'm rocking LCD 2's lol.

Haha that might be a bit longer than I kept them. They're a fine headphone and I thought they were great at first, the 900 has a good wow factor but nowhere near the lasting quality or versatility of the LCD-2. I would imagine that the D7K is somewhere in between, I would like to try them sometime.

May 20, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #431 of 13,132

Quote:

Haha that might be a bit longer than I kept them. They're a fine headphone and I thought they were great at first, the 900 has a good wow factor but nowhere near the lasting quality or versatility of the LCD-2. I would imagine that the D7K is somewhere in between, I would like to try them sometime.

Put it this way, a week after i got my D7K the Pro's were gone. Too much mid bass, very authentic sounding, and the highs were piercing. The D7K is kind of like the LCD 2, but kind of not either lol. The LCD 2 beats the piss out of the denons in midrange IMO. I don't want to say much more since this is only about 2 hours of listening.

May 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #432 of 13,132
LCD2's take some brain burn in. Most HP manufacturers seems to be going after bassheads or treble heads. Well, I'm both, but the more I listen to them the less I go to my other phones. These guys have really done something special. I actually find them incredibly comfortable, and "listener fatigue" just never happens.

May 21, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #433 of 13,132
LCD2's take some brain burn in. Most HP manufacturers seems to be going after bassheads or treble heads. Well, I'm both, but the more I listen to them the less I go to my other phones. These guys have really done something special. I actually find them incredibly comfortable, and "listener fatigue" just never happens.

I second that :D

May 21, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #435 of 13,132
I think it has a great amount of sub bass, more than the D7000 which is known for sub bass and the LCD 2's sub bass offer super clarity compared to the denons. I think the LCD 2 offers the perfect amount of bass without it becoming an unbalanced sound. I think the amp plays a huge part in how well they sound. I'm sure they sound better off the WA6 SE than my Lyr. I just can see how important the quality of amping is from trying it on my Fiio E9 compared to the Lyr, big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back