Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #346 of 13,134

Quote:
Hm...will these hurt my head if I wear them for several hours with spectacles?

How can anyone answer that question but you?

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #347 of 13,134

I wore them for four hours straight last night with spectacles on, no discomfort at all. In fact I really like the greater clamping force as the phones stay put! I was always having to adjust my last headphones as they moved with my slightest move!

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #349 of 13,134

Quote:
How can anyone answer that question but you?

I can I am that good :). If you whear the scalms on top of the headphones no discomfort whatsoever. Look a bit funny perhaps but you do that with the LCD-2 on anyway. That trick work with every single headphone in the world for me. Angle is a bit steeper on the LCD-2 then most but still fine so you don´t even think about it. I do have light plastic glasses if you have heavy glasses you may risk they falling off :)

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #350 of 13,134

Quote:
I can I am that good :). If you whear the scalms on top of the headphones no discomfort whatsoever. Look a bit funny perhaps but you do that with the LCD-2 on anyway. That trick work with every single headphone in the world for me. Angle is a bit steeper on the LCD-2 then most but still fine so you don´t even think about it. I do have light plastic glasses if you have heavy glasses you may risk they falling off :)

I wear my glasses all the time with the headphones and they're perfectly comfortable, but I can't answer for this other guy, only he can answer his question.

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #354 of 13,134

Quote:
Is this headphone easy to put on backwards, or am I just an idiot?

These are the easiest for me to put on in that respect, because the pads are so much thicker in the rear. I don't have to look for a L/R marker or a bit of red, I just put them on with the fat part of the pad in back, don't even have to think about it.

Quote:

My first LCD-2 had a tighter headband and stiffer, thinner earpads and gave me pain in my temples with glasses. But the current model has corrected these problems for me completely. The earpads are thicker and softer, and there is less clamping force with the headband. I can wear glasses without any pain, and there is no affect on the LCD-2's sound whether I am wearing them or not.

Apr 21, 2011 at 6:09 AM Post #355 of 13,134

Quote:

These are the easiest for me to put on in that respect, because the pads are so much thicker in the rear. I don't have to look for a L/R marker or a bit of red, I just put them on with the fat part of the pad in back, don't even have to think about it.

So what you're saying is I am an idiot. Well, that accords with many other opinions, so all's well.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #356 of 13,134
So what you're saying is I am an idiot. Well, that accords with many other opinions, so all's well

Don't worry, I have often been told I am in that club as well :blink:

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #357 of 13,134
I didn't say anything like that lol, just sharing how I do it 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

May 2, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #358 of 13,134
Would LCD-2 suit my needs? I'm interested in it, but have no chance to pre-try it. I love the sound signature of ATH series, and dislike the sounds from Beyers and Grados. Would this be a step up from ATH-W1000? Ps: I normally listen to Vocal heavy songs and some Pops. Would SR-71B Fully drive this headphone? Thanks

May 2, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #359 of 13,134
LCD-2 is a dream for vocals for me. Haven´t found anything close to it. W-1000x I had for a weak. Really nice but not LCD-2 class. SR 71-b will probably not drive it fully but good enough for most I would expect. I have no problem enjoying the LCD-2 straight out of my Ipod touch 3G :)

May 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #360 of 13,134
Although I have only had my pair of LCD-2 for a few days I find them enthralling. My listening tastes are all over the lot, but today I've settled in with Jeff Beck's Emotion and Commotion and Live at Ronnie Scott's, and both albums sound great on these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back