Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #4,021 of 13,139
If Headroom doesn't make it right then Audeze should. I'd suggest you send the pic to Audeze as well to see what they say at the same time. Breaking a seal on one earcup isn't cool. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Headroom emailed me later that night, and said my best bet right now would be to contact Audeze. Headroom aren't going to get more LCD 2 stock in for another two plus weeks, and the damage had to have happened in the Audeze factory so they might want to investigate. 

According to the certificate that came with my LCD 2 they were inspected / made on a Sunday; might explain how they slipped through quality control. 
wink.gif

I've emailed Audeze today and have a ticket number. I wish that I could have done that yesterday, but things have been super hectic with getting ready to move. Hopefully they can either send me parts or have me ship them in to get the headband corrected. I'll be very happy when I can get these fixed. Even though the headband makes them a bit odd to use the sound quality was what I was looking for. 

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #4,022 of 13,139
Headroom emailed me later that night, and said my best bet right now would be to contact Audeze. Headroom aren't going to get more LCD 2 stock in for another two plus weeks, and the damage had to have happened in the Audeze factory so they might want to investigate. 

According to the certificate that came with my LCD 2 they were inspected / made on a Sunday; might explain how they slipped through quality control. :wink:

I've emailed Audeze today and have a ticket number. I wish that I could have done that yesterday, but things have been super hectic with getting ready to move. Hopefully they can either send me parts or have me ship them in to get the headband corrected. I'll be very happy when I can get these fixed. Even though the headband makes them a bit odd to use the sound quality was what I was looking for. 

Good to hear the process is under way.

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #4,025 of 13,139
  That was pretty cool getting the Rosewood in a price match...

Anyone know if when you buy new earpads, if the plastic rings are included that keep the pads stretched out ? There is a plastic ring under the rim of the pads I have peeled off.

By the way, since you have the R1 - can you easily blow air through the dust protectors on the old pads that you took off?

Sep 14, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #4,026 of 13,139

By the way, since you have the R1 - can you easily blow air through the dust protectors on the old pads that you took off?

Not really easy, a bit resistant. The R1 pads filter is thicker than the newer ones I think (?)
Abyss don't seem to use any dust filter even though the planar is exposed...

Everything counts with small changes to pads, so that might have been part of the recessed treble sig on R1. T50-RP use various treble taming materials earside. I think the firmer R1 pad may have enhanced the lower end though.

Sep 14, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #4,027 of 13,139
  I emailed them two days ago and they still haven't gotten back to me, I'm confused!

And like 1 month ago when I emailed they never responded either.. 

When I emailed them at support@audeze.com I received an automated reply. They wanted me to setup an account for the ZenDesk support ticket platform they use. Their system automatically turned my email into a support ticket on there. 

You could try going to audeze.zendesk.com and make an account directly on there (top right, next to login). It looks like you can submit a support ticket through there after making an account so that might be your best bet at getting a response from them. 

My ticket is stuck at "awaiting assignment to a support agent" I'm guessing their support team doesn't work on the weekends. 

Hopefully we both can get a positive response from Audeze. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #4,028 of 13,139
a cheap mod everyone should try is buy the mad dogs tread pads mod, i feel the lcd 2 rev2 is more warm and highs are amazing smooth and nice controlled bass , nice mode and very cheap

Sep 14, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,029 of 13,139

When I emailed them at support@audeze.com I received an automated reply. They wanted me to setup an account for the ZenDesk support ticket platform they use. Their system automatically turned my email into a support ticket on there. 

You could try going to audeze.zendesk.com and make an account directly on there (top right, next to login). It looks like you can submit a support ticket through there after making an account so that might be your best bet at getting a response from them. 

My ticket is stuck at "awaiting assignment to a support agent" I'm guessing their support team doesn't work on the weekends. 

Hopefully we both can get a positive response from Audeze. 
beerchug.gif

Did you send them an email via the form on their site? Or did you copy their email and send it via your email?

Both times I've sent emails through the form on the site I haven't gotten a response, so I'm wondering if something is wrong with their form

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #4,030 of 13,139
You got a receipt when you sent in questions, at least though?

ZenDesk has worked fine for me and is a widely popular platform... But do mention that you've submitted questions that haven't been answered; they need/want to know those kinds of things. It would be hard to detect something never arriving if you don't know to expect it! For when I've asked questions (3-4 times now), they're just a bit slow but once they've seen your issue they seem to reply super quick to any follow up questions and such.

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #4,031 of 13,139
  You got a receipt when you sent in questions, at least though?

ZenDesk has worked fine for me and is a widely popular platform... But do mention that you've submitted questions that haven't been answered; they need/want to know those kinds of things. It would be hard to detect something never arriving if you don't know to expect it! For when I've asked questions (3-4 times now), they're just a bit slow but once they've seen your issue they seem to reply super quick to any follow up questions and such.

I didn't get any type of response whatsoever filling out this form on Audeze's website:

https://www.audeze.com/contact-us

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #4,033 of 13,139

I didn't get any type of response whatsoever filling out this form on Audeze's website:

https://www.audeze.com/contact-us

You should've received an email receipt with a link to the Audeze ZenDesk support site... that's worrying. Try Facebook and let them know their ZenDesk platform may not be issuing tickets correctly.

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #4,034 of 13,139
  You should've received an email receipt with a link to the Audeze ZenDesk support site... that's worrying. Try Facebook and let them know their ZenDesk platform may not be issuing tickets correctly.

I sent an email just now  from my email address to support@audeze.com so I'll see if they respond to that.

Yep,  it worked instantly.

I think their form on their website may be busted.. >.>  I'll let em know about that too.

e.com

Sep 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,035 of 13,139

I sent an email just now  from my email address to support@audeze.com so I'll see if they respond to that.

Yep,  it worked instantly.

I think their form on their website may be busted.. >.>  I'll let em know about that too.

When I contacted them I also directly emailed them. I'd diffidently let them know that the contact form is broken. Makes you wonder how long its been broken and how many people have had support issues unanswered. 
confused_face_2.gif

I'm glad to hear that Audeze's system finally issued you a ticket. Hopefully they'll work on both of ours tomorrow. 
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• DP42
Back