Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #3,901 of 13,134
The T1 and LCD-2 are similar? I'm getting confused.
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #3,902 of 13,134
confused_face(1).gif

Surprisingly, yes (or at least on my setup they are). The OP asked for something similar to the LCD 2, but with more treble and larger soundstage so I'm not saying the T1s are the same as the LCD 2s, but the T1s share a similar warmth in the bass and mids while bringing a greater sense of space and more treble. They do have the potential to sound a bit peaky in the treble, but a nice tube amp or a musical sounding SS amp will easily take care of that

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,903 of 13,134
Ah my bad on misunderstanding

Like so....bad practice not to revise the yoke rod position then I guess.
The plastic block the yoke rod goes through could simply be thicker to avoid headband rub on the leather.

Aug 27, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #3,906 of 13,134
  Does the bass compare?

Not even close. 
wink.gif

It's different. The T1s go just as deep and have good overall weight, but they don't have that speed and presence across the whole bass range that planars do.

If you want the same bass as the LCD 2 you probably need to stick to planars - perhaps the HE-6 as someone suggested earlier? Personally, I find the T1s are a great compliment because they're different enough to bring a different experience and therefore split head-time with the LCDs pretty evenly for me. If they were more similar I would probably find myself using just one or the other, but not both.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #3,908 of 13,134
I wouldn't bother, my OCD level is on medium this time of the year.

Aug 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #3,910 of 13,134
It's never bothered me enough to care. If it wears out eventually, I'll get a new headband. No biggie.

And I don't think it does anything to Vegan cover anyway. Also I only adjust it once.

Aug 28, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #3,911 of 13,134

It's different. The T1s go just as deep and have good overall weight, but they don't have that speed and presence across the whole bass range that planars do.

If you want the same bass as the LCD 2 you probably need to stick to planars - perhaps the HE-6 as someone suggested earlier? Personally, I find the T1s are a great compliment because they're different enough to bring a different experience and therefore split head-time with the LCDs pretty evenly for me. If they were more similar I would probably find myself using just one or the other, but not both.

Actually the T1s (while they do go deep) don't go as deep as the LCD-2s.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2033&graphID[]=3221&scale=30

And in terms of bass "quality" the LCD-2s walk all over them. The T1s do have a nice sense of air and space though. In the end, I much preferred my LCD-2s over my T1s when I owned them.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #3,912 of 13,134

Actually the T1s (while they do go deep) don't go as deep as the LCD-2s.

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2033&graphID[]=3221&scale=30

And in terms of bass "quality" the LCD-2s walk all over them. The T1s do have a nice sense of air and space though. In the end, I much preferred my LCD-2s over my T1s when I owned them.

With both side-by-side and speaking about listening impressions only (not technical measurements), I have never found the T1s wanting in depth next to the LCD 2s. That's not debating whether or not the LCD 2s go deeper from a technical perspective, more that a lot of music simply doesn't go that deep.

My intention with sharing my thoughts about the T1 was to answer the OP's question - there's no need for anyone to defend the LCD 2 vs the T1 - they are different cans which each excel in their own ways so I'm not saying that one is better than the other.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #3,913 of 13,134

With both side-by-side and speaking about listening impressions only (not technical measurements), I have never found the T1s wanting in depth next to the LCD 2s. That's not debating whether or not the LCD 2s go deeper from a technical perspective, more that a lot of music simply doesn't go that deep.

My intention with sharing my thoughts about the T1 was to answer the OP's question - there's no need for anyone to defend the LCD 2 vs the T1 - they are different cans which each excel in their own ways so I'm not saying that one is better than the other.

I'm simply stating my thoughts after owning both for several years. The T1's go quite deep as I mentioned, but my subjective experiences and objective measurements did disagree with your post. I think the T1s are great headphones, but as I mentioned, I vastly preferred the LCD-2s.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,914 of 13,134

confused_face(1).gif

Surprisingly, yes (or at least on my setup they are). The OP asked for something similar to the LCD 2, but with more treble and larger soundstage so I'm not saying the T1s are the same as the LCD 2s, but the T1s share a similar warmth in the bass and mids while bringing a greater sense of space and more treble. They do have the potential to sound a bit peaky in the treble, but a nice tube amp or a musical sounding SS amp will easily take care of that

Interesting. Having just heard a $42,000 speaker setup (using Magnaplanars) I've been looking around for an upgrade to my DT880 Pro. I've had an opportunity to get a used T1 but passed it by due to the conflicting reviews, with one person saying he loves his to death and next saying he sold his after a week due to the treble spike. It's really hard to get a consensus on this one. The LCD-2 was my other choice as I used to own one, albeit an R1. I liked the sound very much, but the weight got me down. I'm prepared to suffer it, however, if it wil get me closer to that $42,000 speaker setup sound.

Mind you, the DT880 is no slouch, and fabulous value. I may even end up sticking with it. In the meantime I'd still like to get a clearer line on these two headphones, and how better than from someone with both?

Aug 29, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #3,915 of 13,134

Interesting. Having just heard a $42,000 speaker setup (using Magnaplanars) I've been looking around for an upgrade to my DT880 Pro. I've had an opportunity to get a used T1 but passed it by due to the conflicting reviews, with one person saying he loves his to death and next saying he sold his after a week due to the treble spike. It's really hard to get a consensus on this one. The LCD-2 was my other choice as I used to own one, albeit an R1. I liked the sound very much, but the weight got me down. I'm prepared to suffer it, however, if it wil get me closer to that $42,000 speaker setup sound.

Mind you, the DT880 is no slouch, and fabulous value. I may even end up sticking with it. In the meantime I'd still like to get a clearer line on these two headphones, and how better than from someone with both?

Also it would be good to consider the new Hifiman planars like the HE-560, and possibly the Sennheiser HD800, to try out along with the T1 and LCD 2/other Audezes. I'd say thats some of the best top end under 1500 dollar selection of headphones that have their own unique sound signature, should all sound amazing, and would work as a great end game, only headphone you use, headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back