Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #3,031 of 13,139
Ha! And here we thought that you and the pope were the only "infallible" beings on the planet. 

All kidding aside, we appreciate the work that went in to this article. It's obviously not a trivial effort. Thanks, Tyll. 

May 10, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #3,032 of 13,139
Jesus sanctified the pope as being a fallible being in fact, in that Peter the first pope, denied him three times. (Even Judas claimed he was a friend of Jesus) No man is perfect, as is no creation of man. Hence why we are always searching for better and better sound and to become better and better people in general.

May 10, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #3,035 of 13,139
Hi guys,

I am an amateur in Headphone world...

I recently sold my HD600's to try HD800's or LCD2's ....... 
frown.gif

Now I am in a dilemma of what Should I do?

Should I buy HD600's once again? or HD800/LCD2? [Need saving up for em]

I have O2/ODAC .. Which again isnt an Hifi-Setup.

Please help me out of this guys..

Thanks.

May 10, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #3,036 of 13,139
lcd2's and hd 800's : 2 different signatures

Depends on what music genre you listen and what you expect to get in term of sounding

May 10, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3,037 of 13,139
^^^ Both great headphones, depends on what type of music you listen to and how you intend on amping them. 

The Audeze sound great with most amps. the HD800 are more of a challenge, only because they will sound as good as what they are plugged into. 

HD800- large soundstage, transparent, detailed, great for classical music or stuff that requires larger soundstage. Will make bad recordings sound bad. Good recordings sound fantastic. Better with a powerful, warm source.
LCD2 - narrower soundstage, warm, smooth, great sub bass, easy listening, good for smaller ensemble, jazz, pop, intimate vocals.  

May 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #3,038 of 13,139
Tyll, thanks for the article. "When I see people on the forums bitching and moaning about how this or that manufacturer is changing product over time it makes me just a little bit crazy." - That must mean me
evil_smiley.gif
. You make a great case for progress, but my personal botheration was, and still is, due to the fact that there was so little information as to why changes had been made. A transparent, perhaps even over-hyped/marketed approach is something I would've preferred. Waiting five months to hear from a trusted source what minor changes have occurred was less than ideal for somebody considering a purchase. I will have you know, I'll be making a purchase of the new LCD-2.2f's within the next couple of days. Rosewood/vegan. We all appreciate the time you put into this.

BTW, your shirts are bloody fantastic. Garmentus Vulgaris Awesomis.

May 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #3,039 of 13,139
  Hi guys,

frown.gif

A good in-between of the sound signatures of each could be the LCD-X, which is on sale for $1500 on Headroom. Those are very different headphones, try before you buy!

May 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #3,040 of 13,139
Thanks for quick reply guys,

I live in India, Auditioning is impossible
frown.gif

I can get Brand New HD800  @ 1200$ Locally

LCD2 at 1000$ from Audeze.

I have O2/ODAC and cannot upgrade any higher.

I cannot tolerate Harsh Highs... Highs generally as high as HD600's are okay for me [Loved  them, their euphonic sound, just everything about them.]

I listen to Bollywood Mostly, a bit classic. I dont like fast pop or disco songs. I hear to headphones to relax myself. I do not use them for long times [not more than 1 hour]

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #3,041 of 13,139
  Hi guys,

I am an amateur in Headphone world...

frown.gif

Now I am in a dilemma of what Should I do?

Should I buy HD600's once again? or HD800/LCD2? [Need saving up for em]

I have O2/ODAC .. Which again isnt an Hifi-Setup.

Please help me out of this guys..

Thanks.

What others have said, plus consider the comfort factor. Many consider the hd800 the most comfortable hp of all time. The lcd2 is heavy and not in the same league on comfort. If you only have the o2 and don't plan to get another amp, then it's lcd2. 

May 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #3,042 of 13,139
Im so torn
redface.gif

HD800 : Amp finnicky, Bright.

LCD2 : Comfort, Dark.

Yeah I cannot invest more than 300$ for amp [ For an year or so] So itsO2/ODAC...

My Ears are large [8 CM long top to bottom]

How dark is LCD2's signature? Darker than HD 650?

How long is warranty period of LCD2?

Quality and Build? Service from Audeze?

Any known flaws in design or drivers or body?

Thanks!

May 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #3,043 of 13,139
  consider the comfort factor. Many consider the hd800 the most comfortable hp of all time. The lcd2 is heavy and not in the same league on comfort. If you only have the o2 and don't plan to get another amp, then it's lcd2. 

+1 

May 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #3,044 of 13,139
  Im so torn
redface.gif

Yeah I cannot invest more than 300$ for amp [ For an year or so] So itsO2/ODAC...

Thanks!

The hd650 and lcd2.2 have a similar signature. The hd650 is somewhat darker than the lcd2 IMO. The build quality on the hd800 is very good although somewhat prone to paint chipping if you throw them around. I have not owned the lcd2.2 for a long enough period to make comments on it's build quality. Both companies will stand behind their products, although Audeze is a much younger/smaller company. 

I would buy the hd800 and plan to enjoy it from an o2. 

May 10, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #3,045 of 13,139
  Im so torn
redface.gif

Thanks!

I don't think the LCD 2 sounds dark at least with the O2/ODAC. The only time I thought so was when comparing classical music with the T1 and the LCD 2. 

The warranty is 3 years and transferrable which is really good.

The headphone seems sturdy but I've heard of issues with the wood cracking and my pair actually has a slight crack on the wood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back