Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #92 of 13,139

Quote:
I'm curious CW: If your HD800 is gone, what HP have you paired the LCD2 to change it up when you feel like a break? Or at your seconded listening rig? T1? Stax?

Symphones Magnums, and really only because the LCD-2s are a bit heavy and still press on the sides of my head a bit too much.

I still have the Stax rig here.  My plan is to build a KGSSHV and use that with the 404LE and maybe Omega IIs later on.  Going by what I've read of the T1s, I don't think I'd like them. 

Sep 1, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #94 of 13,139
I might have, but I found out how to adjust the bias settings to give it a bit more of a lively presentation, so no longer.

Sep 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #95 of 13,139
Can anyone here do a little bit of a comparison between the pro900's and LCD-2's for metal? 

Sep 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #96 of 13,139
I think the pro900 will give you even more bass than the LCD-2. I was really surprised with just how much bass comes from the pro900. Also, the LCD-2 should have considerable more detail / realism all around.

I have heard both, but only briefly on one occasion each, so take it as you will.

Of course either should rock properly with metal.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #97 of 13,139
I had the pro900 for two years, I must say reluctantly,  they are not in the same league. The bass of the pro900 is great but the quality is not as good as the LCD2. The pro900 is quite bright, I must say, and can be fatiguing.

Sep 2, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #98 of 13,139
That is great news hopefully I should have my LCD-2's by the end of the month =)

Quote:
I had the pro900 for two years, I must say reluctantly,  they are not in the same league. The bass of the pro900 is great but the quality is not as good as the LCD2. The pro900 is quite bright, I must say, and can be fatiguing.

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #99 of 13,139

Quote:

These go along as cats and dogs...

As for bass the 900 may compete in sub bass but as mentioned the quality and the impact is better on the LCD-2. The Pro 900 is more trebly so you easier hear detail in the treble then the LCD-2 where the LCD-2 with it´s more forward mid range have more detail there. Both are very very fast and detailed headphones though. Truly fast that is. Not perceived speed which 900 has more.

Sep 3, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #101 of 13,139
The more and more I use the LCD2s, the more harder it is to use other cans.  There is this "inner detail" that is so addictive at low level listening, that etched 3d quality, so hard to explain.  The way a note stands loud and clear, away from others - with its pin sharp outline and definition.

Now I understand why people call the HD650 "veiled"...and so is the K701...Yup...the K701 suffers veil also.  SE530 IEMS, D7000 ....Veiled.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #103 of 13,139

Ahhh, the wonders of Planer Magnetic speakers (or headphones). I get the same feeling listening to a good pair of Magnepan speakers.....

Quote:
One thing to mention is that the sound of the LCD2 is so real and effortless.

When I listen to it, I see all the glory without any glare.

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #105 of 13,139
I'd be interested in this perspective too.  I'm on the list for an eventual set of LCD-2's, and a long-time Maggie owner.  I invested a lot of time and money to get the most out of the Maggies, bi-amping them, getting rid of the factory cross-over w. a Marchand electronic X/O, and rewiring them with Vampire wire, and adding a set of Audiokinesis Swarm subs (4 subs).  Now my man-cave delivers music that is visceral and exciting and amazingly detailed compared to what stock Maggies deliver.  I'm not much of a headphone guy, generally.  Mostly early-morning/late night, to keep from waking the rest of the family.  And of course I have 'phones on while working during the day on the computer.  But I'm hoping the Audez'e's will deliver some of that Maggie-like magic!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back