Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #843 of 13,140
I do! I'll post pics right when I get home. Unfortunately, there is a crack on the left cup, for some reason. I've had the cans for the past two weeks and just realized the crack today...with no drops or changes in humidity, I wonder how it happened... With Audeze's great customer service record, I'm sure we'll clean this right up. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #844 of 13,140
Thanks Guys! Sorry to hear Fatman. Maybe it will give it some character if you wanted to keep it :). I was wondering how it looked outside of the high resolution photos posted on their website. I'm sure they look identical though. I got the Bamboo and am happy with it. I'll post a pic of it too. Thanks for the help guys :).

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #850 of 13,140
I posted a few questions in the recommendation thread and they suggest I ask here.

I am looking to get a pair of Audeze LCD2s, a Schiit Lyr and a Schiit Bifrost.

First question is what tubes should I get for the Lyr?

Secondly, if I am in Australia do i select 230v for the Schiit items?

Thirdly, To connect my PC to the Bifrost should I use an optical cable from my motherboard or a coaxial cable from my soundcard?

And any other tips for my setup would be appreciated. (to make it easier or to make it sound better)

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #851 of 13,140
For the price of the Lyr and Bifrost, you might be interested in the ALO Audio Pan Am. At $600, I think it's a great deal (compared to the Lyr/Bifrost combo at $800). And the $200 battery allows you to carry it around. 
Reviews and impressions can be found here and here
Unfortunately, I have never heard the Lyr/Bifrost combo, so I wouldn't be the one to ask. But, from what I have heard, the Pan Am possibly might be the best match <$100 for the LCD-2.2s. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #853 of 13,140
Quote:
Pan Am can't hang with the M&M stack let alone the L&B stack.  ALO not known for high value :wink:

By no means interpret this as question written in the aggressive voice; I kindly ask you one single question. Have you listened to the Pan Am? I doubt that the M&M stack would be able compete with it...but the L&B, as a desktop setup from a value-driven company, definitely ought to sound better, especially as it is more expensive. 

As for ALO's high value, I strongly agree. $450 for a copper only cable is waaay too much. Even $450 is too much for a cable...unless it's a 50% silver USB cable to use with my USB 5.0 30 terabyte 72000 RPM hard drive. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #855 of 13,140
Quote:
With the stock tubes I found the Pan Am to be pretty underwhelming with my Senns. IMO the M&M stack sounds better, and for less than half the price of the ALO.

Really? (Starts to cry, as his world crashes down around him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back