Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #811 of 13,139
I'm listening to my r1's.  
biggrin.gif

When the r2's come in the unicorn will be caged.   
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #813 of 13,139
LCD-2 not being summit is silly.  I had the LCD-3, I'm back in the LCD-2 camp now.  Wouldn't that make the LCD-3 not summit :p

Joking aside.  The LCD-3 have thicker pads but are soft so once on the head the wood and driver are nearer to the ear not further away.  It's one of the reasons I came back to the LCD-2.  After a few months the LCD-3 pads are finished in the front and it might as well be bare wood to the face... ouch.

Leather-free uses the same foam as the leather, only the outside is different.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #816 of 13,139
I always end up coming back to my LCD-2's. Honestly, they are just my favorite headphones to listen to. Other headphones might have better detail, separation and soundstage. But these are such a great pleasure to listen to. The smooth sound signature allows me to listen to music for hours.

I have pretty sensitive ears (especially to treble, and sound signatures that are really detailed). Anyways, didn't mean to bump. Just wanted to say I love the Rev2 bamboo LCD-2s. :)

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #817 of 13,139
Well everything I need to run the LCD-2 on the First Watt F3 came in and the bad news is if it stays I'll need a pre-amp.  The good news is damn it has some ridiculous control over the driver.  I don't have my other amps in house to compare but I don't remember hearing this level of separation or detail from any other amp.  And the bass is deep but in complete control.  Others amps so far have had one but not the other.

Anyway so far so good but until I get one of my other amps back it's hard to know for sure since audio memory is poor at best.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #818 of 13,139
Quote:
Well everything I need to run the LCD-2 on the First Watt F3 came in and the bad news is if it stays I'll need a pre-amp.  The good news is damn it has some ridiculous control over the driver.  I don't have my other amps in house to compare but I don't remember hearing this level of separation or detail from any other amp.  And the bass is deep but in complete control.  Others amps so far have had one but not the other.

Anyway so far so good but until I get one of my other amps back it's hard to know for sure since audio memory is poor at best.

How did the PWD2 perform as the pre?  What other pre do you have in mind - if you keep the F3 that is?

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #819 of 13,139
Not even thinking about it.

For 80dB the PWD is at 36/100 or -34dB so just a little into dropping the least significant bit.  I have some Goldenjacks -14dB inlines that I'll try tonight to get back into the green.

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #820 of 13,139
Good news.  My Boos arrived.
Initial impression..... pretty good at this point.  They are definitely different than the rev 1's.
Probably need to break them in with the pink noise file. thingy.

Here are the Frequency Response Graphs of my Rev 1's and the Rev 2's.
Should I be concerned that the Rev 2 graph shows a significant dip below 80db at the 3 Hz range ?
I expected it tighter.

The Rev 1 Graph:

The Rev 2 Graph:

Thanks

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #821 of 13,139
Nope that's the good old trickle down from the LCD-3.  And your Rev1 must have been pretty late, early ones dropped by 2KHz unlike the 4KHz of Rev2.

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #822 of 13,139
Good news.  My Boos arrived.
Initial impression..... pretty good at this point.  They are definitely different than the rev 1's.
Probably need to break them in with the pink noise file. thingy.

Here are the Frequency Response Graphs of my Rev 1's and the Rev 2's.
Should I be concerned that the Rev 2 graph shows a significant dip below 80db at the 3 Hz range ?
I expected it tighter.
Thanks

Your frequency chart looks normal to me. Mine is very similar--a little less of the 4K dip and a little more of the 9K dip.

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #824 of 13,139
Paired with my new LF 339, I absolutely adore my LCD-2.

listening to jazz really feels like I'm there, intimate and personal with the artist. I can smell the stale smoke!

I'm totally in awe of the LCD-2.

Enough to sell the HD800. I gave it a week just to listen to and let my ears burn in to it... without switching back and forth, and without reading opinions on here.

The moment I put the LCD-2 back on, it feels so much more like "home".

I'd liken the difference to the one between the long-time ex girlfriend (LCD-2) vs. that bombshell supermodel you managed to pick up at the bar (HD800) - the former will always know you but yet be exciting everytime; the latter is technically far better, but just doesn't "feel" right.

beyersmile.png

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #825 of 13,139
Quote:
Paired with my new LF 339, I absolutely adore my LCD-2.

listening to jazz really feels like I'm there, intimate and personal with the artist. I can smell the stale smoke!

I'm totally in awe of the LCD-2.

Enough to sell the HD800. I gave it a week just to listen to and let my ears burn in to it... without switching back and forth, and without reading opinions on here.

The moment I put the LCD-2 back on, it feels so much more like "home".

I'd liken the difference to the one between the long-time ex girlfriend (LCD-2) vs. that bombshell supermodel you managed to pick up at the bar (HD800) - the former will always know you but yet be exciting everytime; the latter is technically far better, but just doesn't "feel" right.

beyersmile.png

Haha nice!
They're my fave Jazz can too. Actually they are my fave can!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back