1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread

First

Back
542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551
553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562
Next

Last
  1. Alchemist007
    Dial a dac's volume back, you mean from your computer volume?

2. peterinvan

For best sound quality:
    Look up how to set up Foobar2000 and Windows for bit perfect.  I use the Meridian ASIO E2 driver. 
    I set Windows Sound to 16/44 so that I can play MQA files.  If you are playing other hi res files, set the output to match the source file.

Foobar volume should be at max.  Windows volume should be disconnected (if you are using the line out from the E2 to your amplifier).

Control the volume at the amplifier.

For remote volume control:
    On my iMac (running Windows), I can use the headphone out on the E2 to my amp, and use an Apple remote to change the volume going through the amplifier if I am too lazy to get out of my chair.

3. peterinvan

IF you only hear artifacts when you are adjusting the volume, this is most likely a dirty volume control pot.  Try moving it around (with the music off) and if it is scratchy this is the problem. 

4. kurumaebi
    Hi, do anyone compared original LCD2 and LCD2F? Or LCD3F how is the difference?

5. Synthax
    My plot is like this. I wonder why the bass is that weak in region below 50hz... It is Lcd2 razor 2015.

5422892PlotAudeze.png

6. Ampeezy
    This is apparently due to a change in the driver material...the new Fazors since November of last year have corrected this for the most part.

7. Synthax
    Is it that mayor change make me to sell these and buy new ones?

8. Ampeezy
    For me the change was great enough...if you can sell at a good price i would. Just make sure you get one of the recently manufactured ones. I happened to have my drivers replaced when they were malfunctioning [​IMG]

Synthax likes this.
  9. fiascogarcia

This is mine:  mfg. date 11/15

Audezesinegraph.png

10. chesebert

This is their standard graph for all fazors. They no longer measure driver individually. In reality you have no idea of your actual FR.

11. Koolpep

Or just contact their support. For $250 you can get the new drivers installed.

12. jodgey4
    What makes you say that? I still see a serial number, and Audeze hasn't said anything to the contrary AFAIK. Could you clarify your source?

13. chesebert

Audeze customer support. The reason was that certain folks insisted opening every single box at dealer in order to find "the one" correct FR curve...you can imagine the trouble that caused Audeze. I agree with their practice, by the way.

14. DavidA
    Can't imagine the dealer letting customers opening up every single box to look at the FR graph, it would mean that the dealer would have to sell as open-box item, and the next person would like a discount if its open box.

15. sludgeogre
    Ascend Acoustics sends an FR graph with every speaker, not just the pair, but each individual speaker, that they sell. They don't even use nearly as much smoothing as Audeze either. It was nice knowing that the QC on my towers was so thorough.

First

Back
542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551
553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562
Next

Last