Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 10, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #6,391 of 13,134
  Hey guys,

Just got a pair of Audeze lcd-2's after spending a long time longing reading all of your comments. Just wanted to add my praise to the choir, they are absolutely incredible and I couldn't be happier. I came from a pair of HD600's and man these are a an upgrade!

If anyone else is in doubt about getting these cans I can't recommend them enough!

Cheers head-fi! 

which lcd-2 did you grab? rev2? fazor?

Aug 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #6,392 of 13,134
  Hey guys,

Just got a pair of Audeze lcd-2's after spending a long time longing reading all of your comments. Just wanted to add my praise to the choir, they are absolutely incredible and I couldn't be happier. I came from a pair of HD600's and man these are a an upgrade!

If anyone else is in doubt about getting these cans I can't recommend them enough!

Cheers head-fi! 

Hopefully you kept your HD600's, while I agree that the LCD-2 is an upgrade, the HD600's have attributes that make them worth keeping IMO.

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #6,393 of 13,134
  which lcd-2 did you grab? rev2? fazor?

I got the fazors as they were the only pair that my stockist in Sweden had. I was a bit worried that the bass was going to be insufficient after reading through the thread but I was very pleasantly surprised to be honest!

Hopefully you kept your HD600's, while I agree that the LCD-2 is an upgrade, the HD600's have attributes that make them worth keeping IMO.

I am not keeping the HD600, I have an amp with 2 headphone jacks and I've done an extensive A-B check and I find that the LCD-2's are better in pretty much every way :)

Aug 10, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #6,395 of 13,134
If the HD600 sounds ANYTHING like the HD650 (and I think they share a LOT of similarities), then it beats the LCD-2 hands down for musicality. imo.
cool.gif

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #6,396 of 13,134
If the HD600 sounds ANYTHING like the HD650 (and I think they share a LOT of similarities), then it beats the LCD-2 hands down for musicality. imo.
:cool:

Wow I could not disagree more with that statement, the LCD-2's greatest feature is its musicality in my opinion. To me there's a night and day difference favouring the audeze's but every man to his own I guess :)

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #6,397 of 13,134
Wow I could not disagree more with that statement, the LCD-2's greatest feature is its musicality in my opinion. To me there's a night and day difference favouring the audeze's but every man to his own I guess :)

The Honeymoon Phase with new cans lasts on avg, about a month.
:rolleyes:

Aug 10, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #6,400 of 13,134
Did your audeze's get repossessed or something? What's with the hate? :D

Be careful I owned LCD for 2.5 yrs, loved it.
Then along came the HE560, and the rest is history.

650 comes right after the 560 for musicality. All amped from BHA-1, WA6, and Polaris.

:D:)

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #6,402 of 13,134
  HD600 are so grainy and the soundstage is so small, they sound like a telephone after hearing the LCD2

basshead.gif
Lucky you said that in the LCD-2 tribe thread, and not over in the 600 thread !!

Aug 11, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #6,403 of 13,134
Gotta watch out for that tribal mentality. Haven't heard a dynamic headphone yet (besides a modded HD800) that gives me the pleasurable midrange, non-rolled off bass, or natural imaging like the best planars I have heard. People keep hyping the HD6xx like its the god of all headphones when I would disagree. Both models are musical and I do think it has a reference sound but it's missing something and that is why it is just a complimentary headphone as well as the DT880 I also own.

Aug 11, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #6,404 of 13,134
Gotta watch out for that tribal mentality. Haven't heard a dynamic headphone yet (besides a modded HD800) that gives me the pleasurable midrange, non-rolled off bass, or natural imaging like the best planars I have heard. People keep hyping the HD6xx like its the god of all headphones when I would disagree. Both models are musical and I do think it has a reference sound but it's missing something and that is why it is just a complimentary headphone as well as the DT880 I also own.

Can't agree more. I still like my other headphones and I still use them from time to time, but when I want to really listen to music and I have the right environment and equipment to do so, I'm ALWAYS going to want my LCD-2 over anything else, unless that something else is a somehow superior planar, but I really think the LCD-2 fits my tastes better than anything. I just wish I didn't think of them as insanely fragile now after my left driver had to be sent back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back