Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #6,376 of 13,132
  Do your lcd justice an go buy this balanced brysto. Can't get more neutral than that in this price category. But with 25 years warranty second hand is your friend.
And definitely balanced with it (output). Input balanced won't change much except gain.

It's a fine amp for its price -- a "bargain" really, here in Canada (not sure about Europe, they get hammered).

It's 20 yrs warranty.
wink_face.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6,382 of 13,132
Anyone experienced anything like this? Diaphragm is deformed. It's fine at low listening levels but the diaphragm rattles sometimes. Especially when manually moving air in the cup like when placing the headphones on head. Obviously I need to send these for repair but I don't feel like doing so currently. 2-3 weeks without my LCD-2's would be too much.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #6,383 of 13,132
  Anyone experienced anything like this? Diaphragm is deformed. It's fine at low listening levels but the diaphragm rattles sometimes. Especially when manually moving air in the cup like when placing the headphones on head. Obviously I need to send these for repair but I don't feel like doing so currently. 2-3 weeks without my LCD-2's would be too much.

Can't tell what you're talking about. All I see is the Fazor tech behind the pads' mesh screen. Rattling is another problem though, and that needs attention.

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #6,384 of 13,132
  Can't tell what you're talking about. All I see is the Fazor tech behind the pads' mesh screen. Rattling is another problem though, and that needs attention.

Jul 27, 2015 at 1:10 AM Post #6,385 of 13,132
Jul 27, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #6,387 of 13,132
It definately looks bent, bulged, distorted in the pic. Very easy to see that.

I would second the recommendation to send it to Audeze..... Pretty much the only option.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #6,388 of 13,132
  Audeze got back to me, we actually CAN buy the wood cups for the LCD XC. They come in a matched pair.

I'm not entirely sure if the LCD 2 screws would be long enough.

I'm also not sure if it would sound any good.. 

Do I "take one for the team"?

I think that it would be an interesting experiment.   Assuming the cups were too expensive.

Aug 8, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #6,389 of 13,132
I didn't spot much either. That's why I would be "taking one for the team" because even if it's a loss, and sounds terrible..

..Then we, as a community, would know for sure. 

Hi
Were you able to try the LCD XC backs on your LCD2?

Looking forward to a review.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #6,390 of 13,132
Hey guys,

Just got a pair of Audeze lcd-2's after spending a long time longing reading all of your comments. Just wanted to add my praise to the choir, they are absolutely incredible and I couldn't be happier. I came from a pair of HD600's and man these are a an upgrade!

If anyone else is in doubt about getting these cans I can't recommend them enough!

Cheers head-fi! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back