Are Grado's really that uncomfortable?
Oct 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #121 of 140
^ I'm thinking of the other Prestige Series models and the Reference Series. I haven't tried the SR325i but I do have the HF2, which I suppose is quite heavy for a Grado but I don't find it to be, or cumbersome for that matter. I guess the PS1000 would be an entirely different animal. I see that you have quite a selection of "precious" cans including the Ultrasone Edition 8 LE no less. Do you have a humidicrib for that?
wink.gif

Edit: No need as I just remembered that it comes in its own leather bound case.

Oct 28, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #122 of 140

Quote:
^ I'm thinking of the other Prestige Series models and the Reference Series. I haven't tried the SR325i but I do have the HF2, which I suppose is quite heavy for a Grado but I don't find it to be, or cumbersome for that matter. I guess the PS1000 would be an entirely different animal. I see that you have quite a selection of "precious" cans including the Ultrasone Edition 8 LE no less. Do you have a humidicrib for that?
wink.gif

Edit: No need as I just remembered that it comes in its own leather bound case.

I can always use my leather wipes for my car on the Ethopian sheep skin.
smile.gif

But the leather case is a work of art (not to mention the headphones themselves).

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #125 of 140

Quote:
Quite a contrast to Grado headphones. <--- Now we're back on topic.
smile.gif

Just to be even more on topic- let's talk about comfort.
smile.gif

Is Ed8 more comfortable to wear than Ed9?  I hope so...

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #126 of 140
By the way, I was using GS1000 at work today (8 hours total). They were very comfortable.

Oct 29, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #128 of 140
Can't speak for anything but the bowls, but no matter how I wore the 225i I had briefly and no matter how many times I bent the headband the thing was uncomfortable bordering on painful. True I didn't try washing the pads--if I ever get another pair of Grados I'll be sure to try that.

I think the comfort thing with Grados is hit or miss, as I've seen all too many heated debates about this. I'm not surprised at all the "they're not uncomfortable at all!" posts, as I'm sure they're not just Grado evangelists stamping out blasphemy.
wink_face.gif
 But for some people, I certify, these things bloody hurt.

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #129 of 140

Quote:
Just to be even more on topic- let's talk about comfort.
smile.gif

Is Ed8 more comfortable to wear than Ed9?  I hope so...

For me, they are both very comfortable. I have no issues with the Grado pads on my ears; though some do get irritations. But, the Ethopian lamb skin does feel better against my ears than the Grado pads.

Oct 29, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #130 of 140

Quote:
For me, they are both very comfortable. I have no issues with the Grado pads on my ears; though some do get irritations. But, the Ethopian lamb skin does feel better against my ears than the Grado pads.

The reason I asked was because I think all Ultrasone phones up to Edition9 are not particularly comfortable. The headband puts a lot of pressure on  your head(especially the top). Since Edition8 looks totally different from any other Ultrasones, I was wondering if the comfort level improved ? Seems like the answer is yes.

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #132 of 140
Same with me, though, It doesn't happen anymore, I don't feel anything. 
Also, read what I said at pg. 2 or 3 about pad placement on ears so the grille doesn't touch your ear. That will get you through if you are not used to it yet. 

Oct 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #133 of 140
I don't find mine uncomfortable but I wouldn't call them comfortable either. At least they don't make my ears too hot like my Shures. I find any headphone I've owned uncomfortable in some way after a couple of hours (aside from IEMs).

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #134 of 140
 Yes Grados are really that uncomfortable! After a couple of hours I'm in so much pain I can't wear them any more.  I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD202s - same problem.  Sound great but too uncomfortable to wear.  My JVC HA-RX300 are the ones I wear because of comfort - yes they sound slightly less good than the other two, but I can wear them for hours without discomfort and I hardly notice they are on.  And they have decent sound.  Plus they cost like $20.  So for this amazing audiophile sound that the Grados offer, for me, the discomfort makes them worthless.  I have to return them to the store, and I will try a pair of Audio Technicas; hopefully they will be comfortable and sound good.  For anyone buying Grados without trying then on first, make sure you buy them from a store that you can return them to for a full refund without any hassle - my head and neck still hurt from wearing them and I have had them off for an hour!

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #135 of 140
No, Grados are NOT uncomfortable at all, unless you have little baby ears. I can wear my 325s literally for hours with no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back