Are Grado's really that uncomfortable?
Oct 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #106 of 140

Quote:
I keep three sets of pads for use with my grados, the stock comfies are lacking in sound quality, but after having a set quarter modded, they sound similar enough to the bowls to my ears

Yeah, I have bowls and use quartered and reversed comfies to bring out a bit of bass but that drops the SS a bit.  Jumbos too but they don't really go w/ the RS1 unless I get fatigued and want to change it up completely.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #107 of 140
I've had my SR80s for more than ten years.  The only comfort issue I had was that the pads had worn down to nubbins and I had to replace them.

I'm curious where people get other pads for them.  I'll go through the thread, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #108 of 140

Quote:
I've had my SR80s for more than ten years.  The only comfort issue I had was that the pads had worn down to nubbins and I had to replace them.

I'm curious where people get other pads for them.  I'll go through the thread, but if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Amazon, Headroom, ToddstheVinylJunkie, Ebay.

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #109 of 140

Quote:

I had a pair of SR-80s several years ago. My ears are still a little sore.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #110 of 140

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol, you guys are sooo bad!  
tongue_smile.gif
 Did anybody that put their pads through the wash still think they were a problem?  Worked for me.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #112 of 140

Quote:
 I'm just here to ....... make fun of everything I don't own or like.
beerchug.gif

I thought I was the only one!  
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #113 of 140

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

I suggest you get some headphones that don't touch your ears. :p

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #116 of 140
Oct 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #117 of 140
I don't find them uncomfortable, just spartan. What I like about them (apart from the sound) is the light weight and ease of use. They're no fuss headphones that you can whip on and off in seconds. I don't feel as though I have to handle them with kid gloves like some other "princess" phones. 

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #118 of 140

Quote:
I don't find them uncomfortable, just spartan. What I like about them (apart from the sound) is the light weight and ease of use. They're no fuss headphones that you can whip on and off in seconds. I don't feel as though I have to handle them with kid gloves like some other "princess" phones. 

I completely agree with you...except the SR325is' can be  a little too heavy.

Oct 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #119 of 140
I've never considered them to be too uncomfortable to the point were they practically unwearable. It's just when I listen to my RS1 with bowls for awhile and then swtich to my Senns I realize how much more comfortable the other headphones are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back