Are Grado's really that uncomfortable?
Feb 10, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #137 of 140
Depends on the shape and size of your ear. Elephant ears are a no no with grados. If you have ears such that the antihelix that sticks out a lot, it will touch the fabric and that would be really uncomfortable.

Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #138 of 140

Quote:
Quote:
It's not the material but the shape of the bowls. Their ledge, lip or whatever it's called tends to nip my pinna. In fact after one session I swore it had left a mark (albeit temporary).

The comfies aent meant to sound as good and I haven't tried them but I'll bet they would solve the issue

when the comfies are quarter modded, I'd say the sound is pretty close to the bowls

Is this just a case of cutting a circle in the material?

For me, Bowls are like having a clothes peg clamped to your pinna. It's not just the material, I think its a combo of the material and the graduated shape.

I'd prefer flats/comfies any day of the week....but they degrade the sound IMO

Sep 21, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #139 of 140
Yes, this was why I sold my PS-500. No reason they should have pads that uncomfortable ruining an otherwise amazing sounding headphone. 

It's actually sad, really. Like they went through all that effort to make an incredible sounding headphone, then tacked on some 2 dollar pads to it that just don't work. To have uncomfortable bowls as the default on a $500+ headphone is just unacceptable in my opinion.

And to think they went through all these new versions, i, e, etc and never addressed the real problem which is making/designing some more comfortable ear pads. 

I just don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back