Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Apr 15, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #61 of 779
Interesting. For $40 shipped, it is definitely an interesting buy. Someone mentioned it had good bass; how does it compare to other IEMs such as the Denon C551K or NE-7M? I know definitely it could not possibly beat my Monster Turbines on the bass level.

I also want to know the legitimacy on the ebay buyer as that's a hard to beat price..

Apr 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #63 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really dislike straight plugs, it's more prone to damages compared to L-plugs.
To make things worse, the wires are not removable.

Yeah, but non-removable cable and straight plug are not an Apple-only problem. The market itself is leaning toward that trend - even the new UE 700 is like that.

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #65 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, but non-removable cable and straight plug are not an Apple-only problem. The market itself is leaning toward that trend - even the new UE 700 is like that.

Yes, I don't really understand that. One of the reason I could think of is that, companies like UE understands that the cables are the weakest link. If the cables can be replaced then they would not profit as much through sales of the earphones.

This is a very disappointing trend. I don't expect to spend so much for a piece of earphone only to see the cable give way in a year's time.

Sorry for the OT.

Anyway, do Apple stores allow testing of these earphones? I see they do have Shure's earphones for testing purposes.

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #66 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
demo1, you think could be a fake? @tstarn06 Here are some pictures

APPLE In-ear Headphone - a set on Flickr
Apple In-Ear Headphones - a set on Flickr

Not fakes, they come with the proper case (the small plastic case) and the little "pill" case for the tips. No box (cardboard), but these are the real deal. If not, they sound good enough for me. But my guess is they are certainly not fake, just "seconds" (as noted, more likely the seller got his hands on a batch of returned phones).

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:26 PM Post #67 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that there is such a backlash against Apple's regular earbuds that these dual-driver earbuds won't get any respect. I, however, would like keep an open mind. I have the Sennheiser IE8 and I would love to do a comparison between them and these Apple's.

You won't be abandoning the Senns for the Apple phones (though Montell, the OP, did), but I just gave them an hour-long listen on a walk and they are very detailed, bass is adequate (they are not bass cannons), excellent mids/highs, and really a great match, of course, with the Touch. A shirt clip is a must, and I have 3-4 around here, so I hooked one up. They are microphonic.

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #68 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting. For $40 shipped, it is definitely an interesting buy. Someone mentioned it had good bass; how does it compare to other IEMs such as the Denon C551K or NE-7M? I know definitely it could not possibly beat my Monster Turbines on the bass level.

I also want to know the legitimacy on the ebay buyer as that's a hard to beat price..

The ebay seller, you mean? Pretty good ratings, and as I said, they are real. The fact that Apple will give you new ones without a receipt is another plus, in my view. If they break, get some new ones. Hope I don't find out, but it is appealing, pardon the lame pun.

I had both the 551 (gave away) and the 7M (sold) at one point, and the Apple phones are not on the same level bass-wise, but I don't see that as a fault, since I thought both of those phones were too bass forward.

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #70 of 779
I thought his pictures showed the medium on the phones and the two other sets of tips with the little case thing?

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #72 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...they are very detailed, bass is adequate (they are not bass cannons), excellent mids/highs, and really a great match, of course, with the Touch. A shirt clip is a must, and I have 3-4 around here, so I hooked one up. They are microphonic.

Completely agree with your thoughts here. Love my pair. and they CAN be worn over-the-ear, reducing the microphonics (and they actually fit better in my ears when I do). The only caveat is the remote being next to your right ear when you do! But it works
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #73 of 779
Good to know (about over the ear). The clip is great, and I just pull up the tightener and hardly any noise. I noticed you've been through some top tier IEMs (TF10, PK1), do you agree that the ADDIEMs are pretty close in terms of overall SQ? Just curious. I keep listening to them more and more, and come away impressed. Again, they do not boom the bass lines, but with my T4, they sound pretty nice (unamped isn't bad either).

Guess I never thought to try them, but at $35, they are an amazing bargain, considering the limited quality that price typically buys. To me, they outperform any of the $50 phones (RE2, NuForce 7, Denon 551s) by a strong margin. I also favor them over the Turbines, which I recently sold, and the PK3s, which are a great value, but can be a little muddled. Plus, the ear bud style is limited. Finally, with the Touch, that mic/remote is a godsend. No added cables, etc.

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #74 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by mglak51jk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Duh...right you are-it still be nice to know where replacements can be had. Thanks

Not sure if you can buy OEM replacement tips from the Apple store, but the Sony hybrid tips (4 sizes for $9 from Amazon) also work very well with the ADDIEMs. You can't use standard silicone canal phone tips, however, because the ADDIEM sound tube is a little thinner. For example, can't use Comply T400 foamies, though I did use the large T130s and they fit perfectly. You could get the small T130s ($13 for three pair from the Audeo site, free shipping) and use those with the ADDIEMs.

Apr 15, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #75 of 779
I am jumping on this as well. For $40 shipped, You can't really go wrong.
I currently have IE 8 as well, but i wouldn't mid having a phone that has mic for later use (Iphone 3rd gen??!!)
I owned Nuforce NE-7M which i sold cause of the fit issues, these seems like the sony ones which gives me a great fit and isolation
I will share my opinion once i receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back