Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Apr 16, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #93 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple IEM > NE-7M & Denon C551K?!?!?! Rly?

and

Apple IEM > Monster Turbine?!?! That I do not believe. I must obtain a pair myself to benchmark. Maybe this will be my reason to get a Sansa Clip..

Depends on what you want from an IEM. If it is a lots of bass the Turbines will be better. If it is clarity and a balanced sound the ADDIEM will. I preferred it to the NE-7M.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #95 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought mine mid-week last week, they arrived Monday. Via USPS Priority Mail. Relax.

haha, im chill.. i live in the same state, not too far from him so i'll probably have them tomorrow or friday.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #96 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just to calm down the hype a little..

there seem to be a freq. response from headphone info, the chart seems to be on par for its price and segmenting

link:
Apple In-ear Headphones with Remote and Mic Review - In-Ear - Reviews of Headphones and Headphone Ratings - HeadphoneInfo.com

40 is a good deal, that's for sure; but not rivaling any 150+ iems

I guess FR info from this reviewer isn't how I decided i liked them so much. I just listened to them and compared them to other phones I've owned/own with my source gear. To me, that works best. Always better to hear something for yourself.

I prefer them over the Turbines, because bassy phones aren't important to me. The Turbines cost $150 originally, so I guess I am saying these do compare with $150 IEMs. Not all, some. If you haven't heard them, pretty tough to say what they compare to, right?

Why does the H word always have to be injected into the mix whenever someone says they like something? No hype. I paid $35 for them, and they are well worth it. I would pay more, even $79 if need be. But seems to me they are going to be available around the $50 mark, even new (on ebay). For that price, an excellent deal. And as others have said in this thread, they do prefer them over more expensive IEMs for various reasons, SQ being just one of them.

For example, this review say comfort is poor. Not so. I find them very comfortable. So one person's viewpoint doesn't make it a fact. Depends on the user. But in the review, he just says they fall out. Huh?

All those charts are nice, but it's what you hear that matters in the end. So no hype, just a very nice headphone for the Touch at an extremely reasonable price.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #97 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tsarn, you are a lovely and active headfier. way to go. thanks for the great updates.

Funny, but my wife always uses lovely to describe me too.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM Post #98 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple IEM > NE-7M & Denon C551K?!?!?! Rly?

and

Apple IEM > Monster Turbine?!?! That I do not believe. I must obtain a pair myself to benchmark. Maybe this will be my reason to get a Sansa Clip..

I just found them more listenable based on my preferences than the Turbine, didn't necessarily mean they are better. Of course, that terms always means little when it comes to personal preference.

But I clearly liked them more than the NE-7M or the C551K.

Apr 16, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #99 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered some thanks to tstarn's recommendation and reading this thread...hope I like them as much as you guys do!

Also, shipping was free for me, maybe because I live so close?

I got free shipping to for the "used" pair at $34.95. Now the pressure is on, since you might despise them. I don't think so, if you get a good fit, of course. But you don't even own a Touch!

Update: Just ordered another pair, for my daughter, who does have a Touch. Just too good a deal.

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #100 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess FR info from this reviewer isn't how I decided i liked them so much. I just listened to them and compared them to other phones I've owned/own with my source gear. To me, that works best. Always better to hear something for yourself.

I prefer them over the Turbines, because bassy phones aren't important to me. The Turbines cost $150 originally, so I guess I am saying these do compare with $150 IEMs. Not all, some. If you haven't heard them, pretty tough to say what they compare to, right?

Why does the H word always have to be injected into the mix whenever someone says they like something? No hype. I paid $35 for them, and they are well worth it. I would pay more, even $79 if need be. But seems to me they are going to be available around the $50 mark, even new (on ebay). For that price, an excellent deal. And as others have said in this thread, they do prefer them over more expensive IEMs for various reasons, SQ being just one of them.

For example, this review say comfort is poor. Not so. I find them very comfortable. So one person's viewpoint doesn't make it a fact. Depends on the user. But in the review, he just says they fall out. Huh?

All those charts are nice, but it's what you hear that matters in the end. So no hype, just a very nice headphone for the Touch at an extremely reasonable price.

so what you are saying is that everyone has their own opinion and i certainly honor that; but why can't i be cautious and honor my opinion about the phenomenon?

or should i say you are right and leave it at that?

instead of why H word appears every so often, what about the G word that appears suddenly after the first?

if it is good to you that's great, but it is an expectation that drive other purchases(potential) and if this isn't hype to you it is to me

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #103 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by fattiebomba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think they can compete with Bang en Olufsen A8 headphones, if you look at the soundquality? And Shure Se110s?

Both the B&O A8's and SE110's are considered here to be very bad in terms of value so yes, I would say it'll beat them both.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #104 of 779
I am saying that as soon as someone posts something positive about almost anything, someone has to inject the idea of hype into the mix.

Do you own these phones? Have you listened to them and compared them to higher priced IEMs?

I have, and that's what my opinion is based on. Not some charts and graphs by a reviewer whose work (I read over some of his other stuff as well) isn't all that helpful.

If you get them, hear them, and then say they are not comparable to more expensive IEMs, then fine. But merely stating that something is hyped because of one review and some FR charts isn't the same, to me.

You can be cautious all you want. Don't buy them, in fact.

No one said they the best IEMs or anything of the sort. But, the OP of this thread did say he sold his Senn IE8s and prefers the ADDIEMs. And another poster said he prefers them over the TF10s (for fit reasons). Those are two top-tier IEMs, right? So these phones can be compared to higher-priced phones based on actual user experience, not a third party review from a site no one has hardly even heard of.

So sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but it would have more credibility if you actually owned/listened to these phones, and compared them with others. That's what this thread is about. The ADDIEMs are underrated, according to some folks who actually own them and have listened to them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so what you are saying is that everyone has their own opinion and i certainly honor that; but why can't i be cautious and honor my opinion about the phenomenon?

or should i say you are right and leave it at that?

instead of why H word appears every so often, what about the G word that appears suddenly after the first?

if it is good to you that's great, but it is an expectation that drive other purchases(potential) and if this isn't hype to you it is to me

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #105 of 779
Should I upgrade to the ADDIEM or the NE-7M's?
I'm coming from the PL-30's-and. I find them to be very comfortable, and I have ridiculously small ears (like a tiny child's). I mostly use the phones for the gym,and walking around my very noisy city so good isolation would be nice. I listen to mostly things like Wilco,Bon Iver,Neko Case-sprinkled with some Hip-hop and some jazz. I'm not a real bass-head but I do like a warm sound. BTW thanks to Tsarn for tips on tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back