Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Apr 15, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #32 of 779
it seems legit with 1k+ feedbacks and "used"

i was actually thinking about getting that as well but i ended up ordering a mic adapter to go along with my er6i/ie7(when it arrives) instead of getting yet another apple (i had iphone stock but i hated the music there)

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #33 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrocyanic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it seems legit with 1k+ feedbacks and "used"

i was actually thinking about getting that as well but i ended up ordering a mic adapter to go along with my er6i/ie7(when it arrives) instead of getting yet another apple (i had iphone stock but i hated the music there)

It says there are 9 of them available. Who has 9 "used" pairs of headphones for sale? I just messaged him regarding the legitimacy and whether they comes with the retail box.

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #35 of 779
Hmm that is a pretty good price for the phones. I suspect it's a store that has taken back phones from people not happy or refurbs.

If I get the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow and there is any left I might think about it :) as I do wonder how they sound.

Can anyone say how the midrange is with these? I am starting to wish I had more midrange in a set of phones... or should I just stop buying lower end phones (not saying the Apples are exactly low end either) and save my pennies for a set of shure 530 or the westone W3's, IE8, something like that?

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #36 of 779
They're most likely store returns.

I ordered a set. For $35, why not.. I've been curious about the new dual-driver Apple IEMs. The originals were ok for a while, but I started to find my ears were ringing. After seeing quite a few people saying the same thing, I stopped using them. The ringing stopped.

These are completely redesigned though, so I don't expect to have the same problem with them.

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #37 of 779
This is the seller I bought from, and the phones are genuine, and in A1 shape. They don't look used. My guess is they are B box (returned) phones that the seller obtained somehow (from a retailer? not sure). Not even refurbs, is my guess. Most refurbs are really returned items anyway since they can't be resold as new. Example: My daughter tried the new Verizon Versa, but within 30 days returned it. They will spiff it up, check it out, and somehow sell it again, but not as new.

Having said that, if these phones fail in a week, I'll be SOL, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #38 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm that is a pretty good price for the phones. I suspect it's a store that has taken back phones from people not happy or refurbs.

If I get the job I'm interviewing for tomorrow and there is any left I might think about it :) as I do wonder how they sound.

Can anyone say how the midrange is with these? I am starting to wish I had more midrange in a set of phones... or should I just stop buying lower end phones (not saying the Apples are exactly low end either) and save my pennies for a set of shure 530 or the westone W3's, IE8, something like that?

For $35, these are a tremendous deal, assuming they hold up. Maybe you didn't read this thread, but the OP sold off his IE8s, and I own the W3s and also owned the IE8s (sold them). If you get a good seal and fit is good, these phones are excellent and really perform beyond their MSRP. They won't overtake the W3s, but if you have a Touch 2G, they are especially nice.

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #39 of 779
Hmm I guess I'll see if they have any left after my interview tomorrow then.

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #40 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the seller I bought from, and the phones are genuine, and in A1 shape. They don't look used. My guess is they are B box (returned) phones that the seller obtained somehow (from a retailer? not sure). Not even refurbs, is my guess. Most refurbs are really returned items anyway since they can't be resold as new. Example: My daughter tried the new Verizon Versa, but within 30 days returned it. They will spiff it up, check it out, and somehow sell it again, but not as new.

Having said that, if these phones fail in a week, I'll be SOL, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

Cool, I'm glad you posted this thread. I forgot about these...

If they fail, you can bring them into an Apple store for a replacement. I've never been asked for a receipt when bringing my Apple stuff in for service. You can always say they were a b-day gift and you threw the box out. Only thing is you can't look up the serial # without the box, so no way to know how much warranty is left.

Apr 15, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #43 of 779
LOL, part of me hopes they are sold out by tomorrow after my interview. I can't believe how my curiosity keeps getting me in trouble (with the Misses as well as my bank book).

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #44 of 779
hmmm. very interesting. The auction was down to 6 available and now say there are more than 10! I wonder...

Apr 15, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #45 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by demo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DAMN, after what sstarn06 said, I think I might have to jump on these. Damn you head-fi!

Of course, they are not W3s, but for everyday phones at $35, worth it, especially now that I know I can bring them into an Apple store should they fail. It's like getting them for less than half price. Don't expect to get these phones and not wonder what the IE8 or W3 sounds like, but at this price, an excellent deal in my view. THey are fairly microphonic, but I used a shirt clip I had around to keep them quieter. No biggie to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back