Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Sep 29, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #646 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by knugge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be interesting. I read this thread thru and saw the almost endless discusson on various tips. I'll be looking in to that when I get the time. It's not obvious too me where I should start looking for different tips since I live in Sweden. Thanks for the tip though.

Since you are in Sweden, you can try to find JAYS' foam tip since they are local company. Their foam tip is made for their own IEM but will fit on ADDIEM unmod'ed.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #648 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you are in Sweden, you can try to find JAYS' foam tip since they are local company. Their foam tip is made for their own IEM but will fit on ADDIEM unmod'ed.

Thanks for that tip (pun intended) also. I'll look in to that

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #649 of 779
The rubber guards connecting the wires to the plastic bodies of my Apple IEMs have come loose. Here's a pic:

They were bought in April, so I might take them back to the Apple store. Was thinking of getting the Klipsch s4is anyway.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #650 of 779
ouch.
let us now what happens.

here's how i've been keeping mine in my pocket so far. LOVING these as my new daily use pocket IEMs.
3970781518_1680d26a11.jpg

honestly can't think of a better pair for the pocket. and the mic and button work for my 1st gen iphone.
There's something liberating about talking on the phone without a cell phone in your hand.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #651 of 779
So, I feel kind of puzzled now. I've been listening to these ADDIEMS daily now for a full week and I've also compared them to my AKG K412P, semi-open portable can that doesn't isolate well, beeing the reason I got the ADDIEMS in the first place. My source is an iPhone 3GS and the files are ripped on my mac through iTunes in the format AAC320. I've mantioned this before and want to get other listeners thought on the matter. My experience is that the ADDIEMs have a difficult time getting the lower midrange or upper bass region right. I might be wrong of course, but my feeling is that they have a raised level somewhere in the region around 80-150hz (I'm guessing now) but it makes the sound boxy and hard as opposed to smooth and liquid. There also seem to be a lack in the highfrequency response which I also think adds up to the hardness or the congested feel of the sound. When I only listened to the ADDIEMS I got used to the sound and could enjoy it but when compared to the much cheaper AKG K412P they feel lacking in musicality and liquidity, spaciousness. I'm not shure it's the frequencies I'm talking about that causes the effect but it seems logical to me. If the upper bass region (a hard sounding tones) is elevated they might make the entire impression of the phones seem hard and they might also muffle the oresentation in the midrange area giving problems with ringing (I notice this with the ADDIEMs) and the feeling of congested sound becuase it hides the microdetail in the mid and high mids. It might also hide details in the higher region of the frequency spectrum, above, say, 10khz. But there might also be an issue with the reproduction of the higher frequencies. I have no clue on wether they are rolled off or not. However I am experiencing some disturbing distortion and am curious about your experiences. They get a lot of apraise here and I don't know if they deserve it or if it's a question of preference. I do enjoy them with certain genres, especially music that isn't so complex in the arrangments. The song can feel close and real and instrument detail is quite good but not on par with the AKGs. That beeing said I must say, I don't have any recent experience with iems in any pricerange so this might as well be how iems in this pricerange sounds. People here have made claims they are one of the most affordable iems under 100 dollars. Is this the truth? Is this as good as it gets if you spend under 100 dollars?

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #652 of 779
Quote:

Is this as good as it gets if you spend under 100 dollars?

Many people got them for a little more than $30, shipped. For that price, they're a bargain. There are many better earphones under $100. Look at my comparative review, in my sig, or do yourself a real favor and look at ClieOS's review of dozens of IEMs, including the ADDIEM.

Oct 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #653 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many people got them for a little more than $30, shipped. For that price, they're a bargain. There are many better earphones under $100. Look at my comparative review, in my sig, or do yourself a real favor and look at ClieOS's review of dozens of IEMs, including the ADDIEM.

Thank you, do you agree with my findings regarding sq?

Oct 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #654 of 779
Quote:

Thank you, do you agree with my findings regarding sq?

I don't have the same earphones you do, so I can't make the same comparisons. I've found the ADDIEM to be a good all-arounder, with slightly recessed mids, which may be explained by the "higher bass" boost you hear. The headstage isn't huge, true, but not completely shabby either, for the price I paid ($35). The clarity is decent, once again for the price, but cannot compare to that of the HF5 and RE2.

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #655 of 779
Got mine swapped for a new pair at my local Apple store. Still considering the s4is as well though - it's made me realise what a good idea it is to have a backup pair of phones.

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #656 of 779
I just got the S4is and like them a lot. I liked the ADDIEMs but the remote stopped working and I never tried taking them back. The S4i IMO are better. Too early for a full review but even with little to no burn in they just sound more alive. The ADDIEMS were a little sterile.

Oct 5, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #657 of 779
I've had mine for about a month and I think they're great, but tonight at work I started having a problem. The rubber tip (I use the small size) on the left side keeps slipping off the driver whenever I pull them out, making me dig it out of my ear canal
angry_face.gif
Anyone else have this problem? I guess I need new tips.

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #658 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by keithw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had mine for about a month and I think they're great, but tonight at work I started having a problem. The rubber tip (I use the small size) on the left side keeps slipping off the driver whenever I pull them out, making me dig it out of my ear canal
angry_face.gif

Yeah, that's happened to me. Just got a little bit of sticky tac on the stem, then slipped the tips right over. Stays in place pretty well.

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #659 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by keithw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
angry_face.gif

do you have the mesh-caps on? the ridged edge of the screw-on mesh cap holds the tips on better than without.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #660 of 779
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the ADDIEM even if they lack the final definition and microdetail and eventhough they are a bit too cold and veiled. The iPhone seem to ad to the veil though, since it's quite full in the lower mid upper bass at least compared to the macbook which I find more "light" and airy with less microdetail and hence resolution (not the same as detail)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back