Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Aug 17, 2009 at 11:39 AM Post #616 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by prosound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bit silly to ask, but how do you unscrew the filters? Counter-clockwise?
I asked because I found them very tight with bare hands. My set isn't likely to be fake as the seller gave me a spare set of filters, which would only make sense for genuine ones.

And what are your cables like? Mine is sort of rubberised, and finishes with a (new style) hard plastic plug.

They're real. The newer generation has the hard plastic plug and a slightly thinner cable. Also, the filters are indeed very tight the first time and must be unscrewed counter-clockwise.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #617 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by peli_kan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really quick, I got to check out some fake ADDIEMS in person today. As ClieOS said, they lack screw on mesh filters, and lack the middle button on their controls. Don't be fooled by packaging; the triangular case can be made to look identical to the real one.

dt880smile.png

I didn't even notice that middle button... i always took it out my pocket to play/pause.

Sep 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #618 of 779
Sorry to bump this thread, but I've owned a pair of these for about a month now, and can honestly say I'm very impressed. I own a pair of SE530's, HF2's, and ER4P's, but these are what I spend the majority of time with.

The convenience factor, compatibility with my iPhone, and actual solid-quality sound and build trumps the marginal sound quality increase I'd get with the Shure and Etymotic. It has a really smooth and full sonic signature -- not as detailed as the Etys or wide as the Shures, but it's 90-95% there.

Sound isolation isn't as good with the Apples as the Etys or Shures (I prefer the triple flanges), but for a go-to walkaround pair it's actually better in that respect.

And the best thing is my headphone mixes are translating better to my Dynaudios than the Shures or Etys did. I still prefer my HD-25-1's for headphone mixing, but when I'm at a coffee shop these definitely do the trick.

So once again, highly recommended =)

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #619 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewSc2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
solid-quality sound and build trumps the marginal sound quality increase I'd get with the Shure and Etymotic. It has a really smooth and full sonic signature -- not as detailed as the Etys or wide as the Shures, but it's 90-95% there.

So once again, highly recommended =)

I agree with you, for less than $40 these sound great, are very convenient and easy to to tote around if you don't want to bring out an expensive IEM.

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #621 of 779
Sep 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #622 of 779
Merde! I just received the fake ones. Bought them here in Sweden and payed roughly 30$. Definately not worth it. They sound terrible, worse than the headset delivered with the 3gs. Oh well it's not that much money but it feels really bad. Now it feels like I must ad that cost to the cost of a real pair of addiems.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #623 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought from ebay seller here, although the price has gone up 5 dollars since I bought mine.Apple In-Ear Headphones with remote and mic-Genuin - eBay (item 160363021674 end time Oct-16-09 00:29:30 PDT)

Are those BNIB like the ones you'd find in a store? I bought my pair today for $97 after taxes, and I am really liking them. Coming from the SE530s, you really do notice a difference the rolled off highs and in the mids. But for a fraction of the price of the SE530s, the ADDIEMs are a pleasure to listen to music with.

I'm thinking if those are BNIB, I might order them and return the ones I bought today when I get them in.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #624 of 779
i don't think they came in the original apple box, just the plastic triangular thing the phones are wrapped around and the spare tips come in that plastic case, but no official box. Near as I can tell they were new, and sounded good.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #625 of 779
As a purchaser of 8 pair of these phones (for friends and my daughter, and me, of course), I'm a major fan of the these IEMs, and I don't even own an iPod or Touch any more. They are an amazing $35 deal from 7Dime on ebay, and they are legit. I am glad to hear some serious IEM owners posting on the ADDIEMs. Glad you've joined the club. I prefer them with the T130 Comply foamies, $13 for 3 pair on the Phonak site, but they are in my view off the charts price/performance-wise for $35. And certainly worth $79 if you have to pay it.

I see 7Dime has raised the price to $44, must be supply and demand, but still a very good price.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #626 of 779
Yes, these sound really good, especially at the price point; sometimes on certain days I even prefer them to the more expensive one's I own.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #627 of 779
Same here, odd no? They can get your head boppin', or something. In fact, I am gonna give them a listen today.

OT question. You have both the UM3X and the SE530, right? Which do you prefer. THere is a post on the SE530 "king of the hill" thread from someone who owns both saying the praise the UM3X mids get is "crap." I kind of like the mids on those phones. Any thoughts? Would love for you to post your thoughts in answer to his post, which seems rather harsh to me.

Sorry for going OT. Just ordered another pair of ADDIEM for a friend with a new Touch.

Sep 20, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #628 of 779
It seems the newer-production Apple IEMs with the mic/volume control are MUCH better than the earlier production ones.

I recently bought a set at the Apple Store and was pleasantly surprised by the balanced, clear sound--probably because of the dual-driver design. This is especially true if you can use the Comply T-140 eartips. And of course, the controls on this IEM will control my 4G iPod nano, too.

Sep 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #629 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems the newer-production Apple IEMs with the mic/volume control are MUCH better than the earlier production ones.

What makes you say that. Whats the difference you've noticed?

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #630 of 779
They are different phones completely, from the initial "upgrade" phones Apple had for sale. Not newer production, but completely new models, which do include the mic/volume control. The original higher end IEMs (from buds) were not dual drivers and were pretty bad, from what I have read.

As for as these ebay versions (linked to above), they are B stock (returned) so basically new, but no box, extra filters, etc.

And I agree, the T130/140 foamies are an excellent match with the ADDIEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back