Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Apr 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #556 of 862
Yes, I think the Glacier only works with the international version of the S3 when using normal music apps like Neutron and Poweramp, and not the US version. But the latter may work when used with the USB Audio Recorder Pro app. There may be more information on this on the Android phones and USB DACs thread.
sigh ...oh well apples reign is coming to an end hopefully some of these developers reach out to the android users ....I really wanted this to work...thanks I will read through some of those threads

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #557 of 862
No true, I had the Glacier hooked up to my U.S. Note 2 and it worked like a champ.

Dark Helmet, thanks for correcting me!

I must have confused this with the issue of Wolfson versus non-Wolfson chip in the different versions of S3.

But I would refer interested parties to the abovementioned thread for more details. DanBa is definitely more knowledgeable than me in this.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #558 of 862
Just for additional confirmation, I ended up listening to the Glacier from my North American GS3 for several hours yesterday while traveling (using the Hakshop cable, no less), and it worked a charm! No problems whatsoever. 

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #560 of 862
Apr 16, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #561 of 862
My bad!  Sorry for the misinformation earlier on...

Quote:
Just for additional confirmation, I ended up listening to the Glacier from my North American GS3 for several hours yesterday while traveling (using the Hakshop cable, no less), and it worked a charm! No problems whatsoever. 

Yes, I have learnt a lot by lurking around in the forums last year.  But it's a great community, and it's great to share relevant information with everyone.

Quote:
that's awsome thanks man everyone in these forums r cool beans cheers

And this is my first post with multiple quotes in one reply!  Sorry that I was replying in multiple replies previously, as I didn't know that it's that simple to include multiple quotes.

Happy listening!

Apr 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #562 of 862
I ve been playing mine for 2 days. This amps has a shortest decay i have ever listened so far. The bass is deep with a good attack. Highs is very smooth and the mids is a bit forwards and very clean sounding. At first...i feel like the mids presented with a bit of artificial sounding. But the more i listen to it...the more i realised that this amp is a true king of dynamic amp. Sound is smooth and very neutral with a tight solid bass. Though i expect the bass can extend a bit more but now i becoming in love with this amp already. Hope is getting better and better.

I tested so far using my ipod classic... i did try using my ak100 (unmodded) just for comparison...i think glacier is better with ipod. Still waiting my otg cable to try my s3. Hope sound is good.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #566 of 862
APEX GLACIER + LCD 3 = Not BAD
deadhorse.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #569 of 862

Users who are viewing this thread

Back