Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Dec 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #198 of 862
Dec 13, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #201 of 862
Sadly no :frowning2:

The Glacier also drives the LCD-3 very well  ~~~~wow

Do not be sad, believe me, many, and I confirm many are so jealous for having such a nice combination...:wink:
Most importantly we are enjoying it.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #202 of 862
Hello, can any one confirm that the DAC of Glacier be working with the NEW Lightinning to USB connector with the IPads with the Lightinning connector? The description on the TTVJ website mentioned Glacier can be working with IPad using C.C.K. connectors, has anybody tried that yet? Any share? Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #204 of 862
Quote:
any reviews on this thing yet?

Mine isn't burned in yet so I don't want to say anything other than it drives HE400 VERY well.  Personally, I only really believe in extended burn in when it comes to speakers that actually have a diaphragm, but I burn in everything before talking about it anyway just to be sure and so others don't have to ask me about it.  I do have a couple questions for other owners.  Do the internals of your Glaciers feel kind of loose inside the case?  Mine is a little.  Do you ever have to use the reset?  I've had to a couple times and am trying to isolate what causes it, ie plugging into wall, plugging power into computer, plugging into DAC, etc.  Just curious, although if the reset has to be used regularly I will be annoyed.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #205 of 862
Quote:
 Mine isn't burned in yet so I don't want to say anything other than it drives HE400 VERY well.  Personally, I only really believe in extended burn in when it comes to speakers that actually have a diaphragm, but I burn in everything before talking about it anyway just to be sure and so others don't have to ask me about it.  I do have a couple questions for other owners.  Do the internals of your Glaciers feel kind of loose inside the case?  Mine is a little.  Do you ever have to use the reset?  I've had to a couple times and am trying to isolate what causes it, ie plugging into wall, plugging power into computer, plugging into DAC, etc.  Just curious, although if the reset has to be used regularly I will be annoyed.

I had some good time with the Glacier, just so busy with work, holidays...

I had only to reset+gain once to stop the amp from charging from the Dac usb, and the gain switch to bring it to 0, but never had to reset it.
Please note that I never had the chance to connect it to my PC, just using it with my Note2, connected thru usb, giving me one of the best packages, as to the interface of the Note 2 and the SQ of the  Glacier.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #206 of 862
^This!  Between work and the holidays it is hard to say much.  The small bit of time I have had with the amp, I utilized its' DAC straight from my Macbook.  So far I have tried it with UM Miracles, HE-400, Beyer T1, and LCD2.  Haven't had any time to sit down and think about any solid impressions.  It does drive all my phones so that is a definite plus.  I do plan on sitting down one evening and comparing its' standalone amp section with my other portables and I will report back with that.  I basically bought it simply because I didn't have a portable USB DAC/AMP anymore and wanted to cover that.  Turokrocks, do you notice any looseness in your Glacier?  Kind of like the case is just ever so little bit too big for the internals?  Not really a big deal, just curious.

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #207 of 862
Quote:
^This!  Between work and the holidays it is hard to say much.  The small bit of time I have had with the amp, I utilized its' DAC straight from my Macbook.  So far I have tried it with UM Miracles, HE-400, Beyer T1, and LCD2.  Haven't had any time to sit down and think about any solid impressions.  It does drive all my phones so that is a definite plus.  I do plan on sitting down one evening and comparing its' standalone amp section with my other portables and I will report back with that.  I basically bought it simply because I didn't have a portable USB DAC/AMP anymore and wanted to cover that.  Turokrocks, do you notice any looseness in your Glacier?  Kind of like the case is just ever so little bit too big for the internals?  Not really a big deal, just curious.

Not really, I checked it now, it feels like a single brick! 

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #209 of 862
Sorry if it's been answered, I looked through the posts but didn't really seem to find a definitive answer,

Has anyone been able to use the DAC in this unit with an iPhone/iPod?

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #210 of 862
Quote:
Sorry if it's been answered, I looked through the posts but didn't really seem to find a definitive answer,

Has anyone been able to use the DAC in this unit with an iPhone/iPod?

99% sure, it wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back