AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 4, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #2,416 of 4,614
I'm with you on that. They should scrap those, make the screen just one page. This is a player for people who load up their micro sd cards with quality music and just want to listen and enjoy without any gimmicks.
Agreed that pedometer is stupid in a DAP. Cannot speak about FM radio - I am sure some would really appreciate it (I don't care either way).
I am still waiting for them to deliver on their promise to add proper podcast & audiobook support, though!
Judging by their responses here, and fulfillment of KS orders - I do not hold my breath :frowning2:
@kenloveme totally disappeared, and out of 3 DAPs I bought in 2018 through KS / Indiegogo - the AP80 was the worst in the way the company handled the fulfillment and customer support.
AP80 is my first, and most likely last product I buy from Hidizs. VERY disappointing experience all around!!

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #2,417 of 4,614
The player plays in repeat mode despite being set to random mode only. How do I set it to play album in random mode and then STOP ???

Jan 5, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #2,420 of 4,614
Doesn't it come set as not playing through albums? play an album then turn on random?

I tried that. If random mode is set, the album goes on repeat no matter what.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #2,421 of 4,614
Heads up guys people that are dealing with issues with their devices you may want to hit up their weibo account they are answering issues and questions there pretty well from what I can tell. Example they are saying on wiebo they will exchange your leather case for a new one with the holes fixed.
Translated version: "This is the case. In the early days, our leather case did not take into account the actual needs of users with large plug headphones. As a result, the headphones of these users could not be inserted. Now this bug has been fixed and will be standard on the product; Users who have purchased AP80 can contact Taobao customer service, we will mail a new leather case to your office free of charge, thank you for your supervision and support of Hidizs brand"
Link to that quote use Google translate to read
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4321512247195106

Also I saw a post saying they have a unreleased beta out and you can contact Taobao customer service and ask for it maybe someone who knows Chinese can get in contact with them and get the file and post it on here.

They have some great user names on that thread.

These are google translated.

The wind blows the skirt and looks at him.
Pair of haha devils
Playing the piano can't stop

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #2,425 of 4,614
When I'm in the office, my DAP is usually near a USB port so I haven't really gotten around to trying out the full extent of its battery life. I can vaguely recall the battery lasting me an entire workshift with battery to spare with the bluetooth turned off.

I've just slapped on a bigger SDcard on it formatted in exFAT and it's working fine. But I'm keeping my eye on that Fiio M6. That WiFi and Spotify support are a big plus for me. Bit of a price difference compared to the AP80 but with the response rate and support of Fiio, it's almost a no-contest.

I heard that the M6's DAC is also often found on mid-tier DAPs. Just wondering how it compares to the AP80's.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #2,429 of 4,614
upload_2019-1-8_12-5-42.png

Is this normal, I'm downloading the AP80 USB DAC drivers but PC detects something in it as a virus?

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #2,430 of 4,614
I'm on Win10 and I'm able to use the AP80 as a DAC but I don't recall having had to install drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back