AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 8, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #2,435 of 4,614
What about delay? I've had a few DAP's that support this feature but are about worthless because there's too much delay for TV/movies/gaming.
On YouTube videos, there is no noticeable lag (or at most the very slight slightest) lag. You need to set your computer to 16/44 output. If you set it higher a lag begins to show. But, it’s the best out of the DAPs I own for having no noticeable lag.
Edit: those are usually pretty short videos, and I can’t say for a full length movie...haven’t tried it. Gaming..haven’t tried it.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019 at 3:49 AM Post #2,436 of 4,614
Does this mean it has landed in my country?
Screenshot_20190109-164838.jpg

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #2,439 of 4,614
Add this to the list of wants...long press on Artist’s name to play all of that artist’s songs. Right now you can only play by folder.
How are your folders organized?
Here it's Artists/Albums/Songs. Playing through Folders/Albums are selected within the player options, selecting a song leads to the whole following songs of that artist to be played, then the following artist...
Edit: typo

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #2,441 of 4,614
This is sad, just thought I read a few posts, and people are still dealing with shipping issues. I am sorry for thoses that are dealing that. I will not be buying one of these....

Jan 11, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #2,442 of 4,614
I bought one of these on Aliexpress, from Takstar, after they restocked... was shipped promptly, arrived like usual Aliexpress stuff (about a month, opted for usual shipping, not fast).

Almost finished burning in, and very first impressions are really quite nice - both in form factor, UI, and SQ:)

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #2,443 of 4,614
i'm about to smash this player on the ground. the software is automatically moving up and down making the rendering the player almost in a unusable state. anyone having this issue over firmware 1.01??? not sure if its a hardware issue or firmware issue. its gonna be pain in the ass if it is hardware issue.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #2,444 of 4,614
I bought one of these on Aliexpress, from Takstar, after they restocked... was shipped promptly, arrived like usual Aliexpress stuff (about a month, opted for usual shipping, not fast).

Almost finished burning in, and very first impressions are really quite nice - both in form factor, UI, and SQ:)

This, I just love this. Mine is still stuck in Hong Kong according to the shipping information I got a couple of days ago but you bought it from Aliexpress and you've already received your unit. My gawd this is just unreal. So glad I back from Kickstart, I could have purchased from Aliexpress or now Amazon and have had it for at least weeks now. If this unit every shows up I believe it will just be put up for sale with the package still sealed. Done with Hidizs and their questionable business practices.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #2,445 of 4,614
This, I just love this. Mine is still stuck in Hong Kong according to the shipping information I got a couple of days ago but you bought it from Aliexpress and you've already received your unit. My gawd this is just unreal. So glad I back from Kickstart, I could have purchased from Aliexpress or now Amazon and have had it for at least weeks now. If this unit every shows up I believe it will just be put up for sale with the package still sealed. Done with Hidizs and their questionable business practices.

Yeah, definitely understand your frustration.... was about to order directly from their website, but a combination of all the troubles one read about their fulfilling orders and the fact that the 10% discount for first orders did not apply to the AP80 (very understandable, tbh - but still "offputting" :)) made me change my mind.

I ordered from Takstar, they shipped it on Dec 6th, arrived on Jan 3rd - fact that Takstar and Bright Audio both seemed to have it, then took it off, then had it again seemed to indicate genuine advertising, to me (meaning, we have it, we sell it, we finish it, we take it off from our offers, we restock, we sell it again :)).

The unit is really nice, from the little I've played with it (will finish burn in tomorrow) - I CAN understand how the whole direct experience with Hidisz might be enough to poison one's enjoyment of it, though .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back