1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last
  1. silverfishla
    Any of you bothered by that off-kilter hole on the leather case for the AP80? Apparently leather melts as I I just took a soldering iron to it and enlarged the hole cleanly. 6E78524B-D39E-43CE-B0DF-535088187B75.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. MisterMudd
    Which hole? They are all off-kilter. At least they are on mine. LOL

silverfishla likes this.
  3. abitdeef
    Lol no leather doesn’t melt. Must be pleather of some sort.

silverfishla likes this.
  4. AndySocial
    I can barely, with effort, get a USB cable to seat when in the case. I was just pondering enlarging that thing.

silverfishla likes this.
  5. silverfishla
    Haha, yeah, that was a bit of sarcasm. At least the thing works now.

6. silverfishla
    I just enlarged that one now, too.

7. djricekcn
    Ap80 isn't a bad DAP imo and has it's benefits over the m6 but customer service is the huge difference. Fiio is much better at that so far

8. abitdeef
    Yeah I caught that :) heck lots of dap cases say leather when they’re not. Obviously no kind of trademark or brand names for ‘real’ leather.

In fact the 80 dollar official AK cases are not leather.

9. abitdeef
    Build quality will be better on the Fiio and it’s Bluetooth is more fleshed out. The AP80 sounds ok, but it needs some firmware updates- which hopefully come soon. I’m nitpicking about the build quality but the finish and machining is so so, I’ve got a large (by cnc precision standards) gap on the back right side filled with what looks like polishing grit.

I know it has a radio and pedometer, but honestly those aren’t important to most people as you can do both from your phone better.

10. djricekcn
    In regards of BT, I'm having better experience with it on the ap80. Ap80 if darker in regards of sound so good for electronically stuff. M6 if s bit flatter sound in s neutral way

Hardware built..... M6 is better

11. abitdeef
    You have the m6? How about some comparison pics :) how’s the screen response?

Let me know if you want to sell it :wink:

I have big fingers and I have to constantly press on screen buttons multiple times- so maybe it’s just me. I’m probably going to sell it unless firmware fixes the screen hitboxes. My wheel seems quite solid on mine.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Sougouk and AndySocial like this.
  12. djricekcn
    M6 is better if you have fat fingers .Ap80 is easier to hold it for me
    Touch responds better on m6 by far but Im also not stressed by ap80. I don't have my own ap80... It got lost in mail but Hidizs so far hasnt done anything yet.

It's s bummer cause I like the ap80 sound. I'm waiting for not info on r6pro and see how it compares with NWZX2 and NW1A

13. PCgaming4ever
    I'd love for some comparisons between the AP80 and the M6

14. djricekcn
    Like? Sounds is darker on ap80. Towards flatter / neutral on m6. Touch and UI is better on m6

Over all I would use both DAP separately depending on the music I want to listen. If I want jack of all, I'll go with my zx2 or 1a

PCgaming4ever likes this.
  15. PCgaming4ever
    I was just curious of the sound quality difference and UI and build quality. The M6 was the other dap I was considering but the AP80 seemed to have the better DAC in it.

First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last