AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 3, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #2,386 of 4,614
Well at least you got a response from them, I can't even get that.

I'm giving them until Monday for my unit to show, then I'm starting the charge back. Just so frustrated with this. Also, hate that my first post here wasn't a positive one, but more of one out of frustration from the total lack of respect this company shows their backers/customers.

Yes sorry your first post had to do with these clowns- I don’t see them being around in the long run, you’ve got to take care of your customers and they surely don’t do that.

Besides that if you’ve had any other small daps you can see that the AP80 isn’t really anything special. And the other companies always have a presence in their products threads( after the sale ) except Sony but Sony usually has very good ‘complete’ firmware when they launch and have very good hardware.

My point is you could get a FiiO M6 for what the AP80 is going for or for a little more money an R3, plenue D etc. Hell even Sony nw a45 was on sale for 150 dollars not that long ago. All are better units imo, and I’ve tried them all except the m6, and I’m sure m6 will have a smoother, more responsive UI and DSD that won’t hiss. Hidizs is a total joke, and seems a bad one.

Anyways welcome and maybe your future dap purchased be better :wink:

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #2,387 of 4,614
Any of you bothered by that off-kilter hole on the leather case for the AP80? Apparently leather melts as I I just took a soldering iron to it and enlarged the hole cleanly. 6E78524B-D39E-43CE-B0DF-535088187B75.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #2,393 of 4,614
Yes sorry your first post had to do with these clowns- I don’t see them being around in the long run, you’ve got to take care of your customers and they surely don’t do that.

Besides that if you’ve had any other small daps you can see that the AP80 isn’t really anything special. And the other companies always have a presence in their products threads( after the sale ) except Sony but Sony usually has very good ‘complete’ firmware when they launch and have very good hardware.

My point is you could get a FiiO M6 for what the AP80 is going for or for a little more money an R3, plenue D etc. Hell even Sony nw a45 was on sale for 150 dollars not that long ago. All are better units imo, and I’ve tried them all except the m6, and I’m sure m6 will have a smoother, more responsive UI and DSD that won’t hiss. Hidizs is a total joke, and seems a bad one.

Anyways welcome and maybe your future dap purchased be better :wink:
Ap80 isn't a bad DAP imo and has it's benefits over the m6 but customer service is the huge difference. Fiio is much better at that so far

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #2,395 of 4,614
Ap80 isn't a bad DAP imo and has it's benefits over the m6 but customer service is the huge difference. Fiio is much better at that so far

Build quality will be better on the Fiio and it’s Bluetooth is more fleshed out. The AP80 sounds ok, but it needs some firmware updates- which hopefully come soon. I’m nitpicking about the build quality but the finish and machining is so so, I’ve got a large (by cnc precision standards) gap on the back right side filled with what looks like polishing grit.

I know it has a radio and pedometer, but honestly those aren’t important to most people as you can do both from your phone better.

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #2,396 of 4,614
Build quality will be better on the Fiio and it’s Bluetooth is more fleshed out. The AP80 sounds ok, but it needs some firmware updates- which hopefully come soon. I’m nitpicking about the build quality but the finish and machining is so so, I’ve got a large (by cnc precision standards) gap on the back right side filled with what looks like polishing grit.

I know it has a radio and pedometer, but honestly those aren’t important to most people as you can do both from your phone better.
In regards of BT, I'm having better experience with it on the ap80. Ap80 if darker in regards of sound so good for electronically stuff. M6 if s bit flatter sound in s neutral way

Hardware built..... M6 is better

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #2,397 of 4,614
In regards of BT, I'm having better experience with it on the ap80. Ap80 if darker in regards of sound so good for electronically stuff. M6 if s bit flatter sound in s neutral way

Hardware built..... M6 is better

You have the m6? How about some comparison pics :) how’s the screen response?

Let me know if you want to sell it :wink:

I have big fingers and I have to constantly press on screen buttons multiple times- so maybe it’s just me. I’m probably going to sell it unless firmware fixes the screen hitboxes. My wheel seems quite solid on mine.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #2,398 of 4,614
You have the m6? How about some comparison pics :) how’s the screen response?

Let me know if you want to sell it :wink:

I have big fingers and I have to constantly press on screen buttons multiple times- so maybe it’s just me. I’m probably going to sell it unless firmware fixes the screen hitboxes. My wheel seems quite solid on mine.

M6 is better if you have fat fingers .Ap80 is easier to hold it for me
Touch responds better on m6 by far but Im also not stressed by ap80. I don't have my own ap80... It got lost in mail but Hidizs so far hasnt done anything yet.

It's s bummer cause I like the ap80 sound. I'm waiting for not info on r6pro and see how it compares with NWZX2 and NW1A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back