AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #2,401 of 4,614
Like? Sounds is darker on ap80. Towards flatter / neutral on m6. Touch and UI is better on m6

Over all I would use both DAP separately depending on the music I want to listen. If I want jack of all, I'll go with my zx2 or 1a
I was just curious of the sound quality difference and UI and build quality. The M6 was the other dap I was considering but the AP80 seemed to have the better DAC in it.

Jan 3, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #2,402 of 4,614
M6 is better if you have fat fingers .Ap80 is easier to hold it for me
Touch responds better on m6 by far but Im also not stressed by ap80. I don't have my own ap80... It got lost in mail but Hidizs so far hasnt done anything yet.

It's s bummer cause I like the ap80 sound. I'm waiting for not info on r6pro and see how it compares with NWZX2 and NW1A

Lol my fingers are just long and big I actually had no problem controlling M0. - too bad you aren’t in the US we could trade ha ha.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #2,403 of 4,614
In regards of UI, m6 is basically a heavily customized Android where you scroll vertically only. It doesn't have a playstore though and you can only sideload limited white listed Apps. Smoothness wise... To me it feels close to a Samsung S4 which isn't superb but it good .vs where ap80 is suitable

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #2,404 of 4,614
I know it has a radio and pedometer, but honestly those aren’t important to most people as you can do both from your phone better.

I'm with you on that. They should scrap those, make the screen just one page. This is a player for people who load up their micro sd cards with quality music and just want to listen and enjoy without any gimmicks.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #2,406 of 4,614
Any chance they could put some kind of software lock on the unit? I find the unit gets turned on and off too easily... Especially in my pocket. Otherwise an awesome sounding dap...

I noticed it's very hard to carry around the AP80 in my pocket as the wheel gets easily pressed and I often accidentally turn my device off while moving.
I pointed this out on my initial impressions after I received my unit last month. I thought it kinda fixed itself on my unit, but looks like it didn't. The power button is kinda sensitive, indeed.

Any of you bothered by that off-kilter hole on the leather case for the AP80? Apparently leather melts as I I just took a soldering iron to it and enlarged the hole cleanly.

Did you also enlarged the holes for the play/pause and previous/next track buttons? Because those are the ones where you could barely press those buttons in that leather case.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #2,407 of 4,614
I pointed this out on my initial impressions after I received my unit last month. I thought it kinda fixed itself on my unit, but looks like it didn't. The power button is kinda sensitive, indeed.

Did you also enlarged the holes for the play/pause and previous/next track buttons? Because those are the ones where you could barely press those buttons in that leather case.
I didn’t. Those actually line up on mine. They are a bit hard to push, but I don’t use them that often. They are a little close together too, and I don’t want to compromise it’s (meltable) integrity.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #2,408 of 4,614
I didn’t. Those actually line up on mine. They are a bit hard to push, but I don’t use them that often. They are a little close together too, and I don’t want to compromise its (meltable) integrity.
They do line up on mine, too, and yeah, as we said, they can be barely pressed at all with that case. Will try your soldering iron mod on the USB-C and 3.5mm holes sometime.

Yeah, I just realized that the holes are a little close to each other after making that post, and it might ruin the leather case if you tried to enlarge it LOL.

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #2,409 of 4,614
Despite getting the early Dec "pick another colour than red to get it now" email, I'm still waiting. Personally, I wouldn't care, but I told my wife it is for her and she doesn't get this Kickstarter extended delay nonsense. However, if it doesn't appear soon, I'll be contacting my credit card as well.

Oh well!

Jan 4, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #2,410 of 4,614
Despite getting the early Dec "pick another colour than red to get it now" email, I'm still waiting. Personally, I wouldn't care, but I told my wife it is for her and she doesn't get this Kickstarter extended delay nonsense. However, if it doesn't appear soon, I'll be contacting my credit card as well.

Oh well!
Looks like you should've opted to wait for red instead of agreeing to change it to black, believing they'll immediately ship out. Oh well...

Jan 4, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #2,412 of 4,614
So the other day I bought the AP80 from AliExpress and I ended up buying a red one. Well the day they filled my order they ended up putting more colors on their website. Anyway I contacted them asking if they could please change the color to blue if it hadn't left the warehouse yet since I really like the color blue. So last night they messaged me and said the held my package for me so that they could change it to blue. So unless reviewers or someone else got ahold of a blue one I'll have one of the first blue ones and I'm stoked!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #2,413 of 4,614
So the other day I bought the AP80 from AliExpress and I ended up buying a red one. Well the day they filled my order they ended up putting more colors on their website. Anyway I contacted them asking if they could please change the color to blue if it hadn't left the warehouse yet since I really like the color blue. So last night they messaged me and said the held my package for me so that they could change it to blue. So unless reviewers or someone else got ahold of a blue one I'll have one of the first blue ones and I'm stoked!

Still no blue on Hidizs' own website, bizarrely.

Jan 4, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #2,414 of 4,614
Still no blue on Hidizs' own website, bizarrely.
Yeah I thought that was really bizarre too. I did see some people had gotten the purple one on post on Hidizs' weibo page. They also mentioned the new colors available for sale or pre sale or something like that on the weibo page so maybe it's a china first color then they will ship those colors to the rest of the world?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #2,415 of 4,614
Heads up guys people that are dealing with issues with their devices you may want to hit up their weibo account they are answering issues and questions there pretty well from what I can tell. Example they are saying on wiebo they will exchange your leather case for a new one with the holes fixed.
Translated version: "This is the case. In the early days, our leather case did not take into account the actual needs of users with large plug headphones. As a result, the headphones of these users could not be inserted. Now this bug has been fixed and will be standard on the product; Users who have purchased AP80 can contact Taobao customer service, we will mail a new leather case to your office free of charge, thank you for your supervision and support of Hidizs brand"
Link to that quote use Google translate to read
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4321512247195106

Also I saw a post saying they have a unreleased beta out and you can contact Taobao customer service and ask for it maybe someone who knows Chinese can get in contact with them and get the file and post it on here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back