1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Next

Last
  1. Dobrescu George
    That moment when people are starting to get their units and this thread is moving again :)

2. MisterMudd
    Yes. Thank you Hidizs. A quick listen colors me impressed.

3. Fullylocked7937
    Good evening everyone,

I just wanted to share a quick update regarding my scanning issue. Using the tips that was provided to me by the members of community the issue has been fixed. I downloaded the software that was recommended and then I transferred over my songs and the moment I inserted it into the device it scanned it automatically. So I wanted to say thank you to everyone in this group. I'm very new to HiRes Audio and very willing to learn

crezo, abitdeef and mono-type like this.
  4. mono-type
    Glad to know that our advice helped you in resolving your issue. :beerchug:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  5. abitdeef
    Glad you got it handled :)

6. buddhashenglong
    Sounds great with some Al di Meola and a pair of JVC HA-S500. Hype train ticket was totally worth it.

7. mono-type
    I guess Christmas just came early:

IMG_20181204_135440.jpg IMG_20181204_144102.jpg

(as you can see, they could've installed that screen protector a little better)

Some initial impressions:
    • It's smaller than I expected, almost as small as a Sansa Clip Zip. I think Shanling M0 is still much smaller.
    • The leather case is a letdown. The button holes aren't aligned well, and it's veeeeeery difficult to remove the case once you put the AP80 on it. Better stick to the silicone case if you're not using it with the armband.
    • The power button incorporated on the knob is a bit sensitive. Hold it slightly, and it will power on.
    • Like I said above, they could've installed the screen protector a little better. Seeing those dust bubbles triggers my OCD. It's a very minor issue though LOL.
    • Screen display is great considering the price. It might not be as vivid as Hiby R3 (it's a much more expensive device anyway, almost as twice as AP80's), but it looks good enough.
    • Didn't fiddled with the EQ and MSEB settings yet (not in the mood to play around with the sliders), but I could say it sounds great out of the box.
    • The internal amp is LOUD. I could only use around 50% on my KZ ZS10. Looks like it could drive much more power-hungry headphones/IEMs.
    • Unlike with what I've read on the Kickstarter comments, the default language is set to English, not in Chinese. Looks like that issue is mostly experienced by backers from the USA.
    • The Hiby-based UI is great, although they could've implemented the scrolling text display when the info is too long to show. They don't scroll at all. That is one of the issues the beta firmware has, and they didn't fixed it in the retail version. Other Hiby-based players (Xduoo X3II/X20, etc.) have that scrolling text display, so I'm wondering why AP80's Hiby OS doesn't do that. To Hiby R3 users: does it have the same issue? Hoping for a firmware update to fix this, but with their track record on AP200's firmware, I kinda doubt it.
    • Some typos in the UI. e.g. Vorbis is spelled as "VOROIS". One of the things that could be corrected in a future firmware update.
    • For those who are anal regarding that Hi-Res Audio sticker like that guy in the Kickstarter comments, they included two in the package. Personally, I couldn't care less about a mere sticker.
    • Pairing with Bluetooth devices is a PITA. Took me several tries to successfully pair my KZ BT cable. For LDAC, I don't have any LDAC 'phones here, so I can't speak for that (and I don't see any LDAC options in Bluetooth, so it's definitely not on the firmware yet). This is definitely needs to be addressed on the next firmware update (if they'll ever release that...)

More pics and impressions to come. It's great that they delivered it via DHL, and it looks like what @kenloveme posted last week is pretty much what he really promised. They should improve on how they communicate with their backers, though.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    trellus, Spon, Sougouk and 4 others like this.
  8. petricnah
    Hi mono-type,

Did you received any tracking information from Hidizs before receiving the parcel? Or the parcel came in as a total surprise?

9. mono-type
    Yes, I received a DHL tracking number yesterday via SMS (yes, from DHL, not from Hidizs themselves), and it was delivered today. Looks like there's a lesser chance that you'll receive any tracking info if you have it shipped via standard shipping, judging from what I read in Kickstarter comments and here in this thread.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. zeppu08
    Happy to see that backers are getting their units. Cant wait for mine to arrive.

11. Zeo-Gold92
    Great to see that more backers have been getting their units delivered. Such lucky ducks :p Can't wait to get mine. @mono-type, in regards to the leather case not being aligned, is it with how the holes were cut? Could you make it work with maybe cutting them a bit more?

12. petricnah
    I have not receive anything yet. Hope will be in before Christmas. :triportsad:

13. mono-type
    This is how it looks like. It turns out that I have to push it down a little bit further so it's kinda aligned. Now, the new problem is the buttons are recessed once the leather case has been put on. It's almost impossible to press anything once it's on the case.
    IMG_20181204_154234.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    trellus, Sougouk and vladstef like this.
  14. imago-nomad
    Got mine today (grey one). Ordered on 12.11 from AE seller. Sound is little thin and bright to my taste but MSEB does magic! Next step is updating the fimrmware.

trellus, Sougouk, abitdeef and 2 others like this.
  15. vladstef
    Shame. Confirms the lies from Hidizs and shows that backers were not respected in pretty much any way. Were a couple of saved dollars worth all this trouble? Not for me.

Anyways, congratulations and good luck with your unit, may it serve you well :wink:

grs8, mono-type and abitdeef like this.
First

Back
108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117
119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128
Next

Last