AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 5, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #738 of 4,614
Does the database/category mode have a file limit? I know that file limits in folder mode is pretty much a non-issue, since that's just an OS thing and it's a bit silly to ponder a single directory with 20,000 songs in it.

What about folder in folders in folder :)

I have a music folder with all the artists folders in it . I guess that equates to the same thing.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #741 of 4,614
Does the database/category mode have a file limit? I know that file limits in folder mode is pretty much a non-issue, since that's just an OS thing and it's a bit silly to ponder a single directory with 20,000 songs in it.
There’s a guy doing firmware mods on the Shanling M2s (apart from official releases by Shanling) and has increased the limit to 30k. If you are concerned about how that might affect play, you might want to poke around on that thread and see what those users are experiencing...

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #742 of 4,614
I hope they’re etched! The AP80 is shaping up nicely. Just LDAC and I’ll be set.

Btw squirrels are chewing the hell out of my house as I’m typing this! Little person rodents, but they are cute :)

Some bright spark imported the grey squirrel into the UK? Kicked out the red squirrel.
I have about 4 greys digging up my lawn right now :) Fluffy bouncing bunnies......

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #743 of 4,614
Some bright spark imported the grey squirrel into the UK? Kicked out the red squirrel.
I have about 4 greys digging up my lawn right now :) Fluffy bouncing bunnies......

We have black squirrels here now ( honestly don’t remember them as a kid ) and of course tons of grey squirrels and we put peanuts out in the back yard and watch them all rumble with the blue jays :wink: chippies are the cutest along with sugar gliders.

Oh and of course when they need to ‘jam out’ they pull out the compact AP80- the choice of squirrels worldwide. Ha ha I’ve heard they favour NIN and Type O Negative.

Kind of squirrelly if you ask me, ok I’m done :)

Edit: just looked up red squirrels, wow they are so cool/cute looking! I hope the bossy greys don’t push them all out.

Ok sorry OT by a landslide I know, but I love critters, and of course daps... like the AP80 :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #744 of 4,614
We have black squirrels here now ( honestly don’t remember them as a kid ) and of course tons of grey squirrels and we put peanuts out in the back yard and watch them all rumble with the blue jays :wink: chippies are the cutest along with sugar gliders.

Oh and of course when they need to ‘jam out’ they pull out the compact AP80- the choice of squirrels worldwide. Ha ha I’ve heard they favour NIN and Type O Negative.

Kind of squirrelly if you ask me, ok I’m done :)

Edit: just looked up red squirrels, wow they are so cool/cute looking! I hope the bossy greys don’t push them all out.

Ok sorry OT by a landslide I know, but I love critters, and of course daps... like the AP80 :wink:
I had a squirrel issue awhile back too. Tearing up my house, had to pay to have them trapped and relocated. Called them "tree rats" but didnt want to kill them either. Lol.

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #745 of 4,614
I had a squirrel issue awhile back too. Tearing up my house, had to pay to have them trapped and relocated. Called them "tree rats" but didnt want to kill them either. Lol.

Trapped 20 an relocated. 20 came back
gave up.
Now there is a 55+ old man running out in his garden like lunatic trying to frighten them away... Ah thats me :)
Hopefully with an AP80 and headphones on.

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #746 of 4,614
Trapped 20 an relocated. 20 came back
gave up.
Now there is a 55+ old man running out in his garden like lunatic trying to frighten them away... Ah thats me :)
Hopefully with an AP80 and headphones on.

Well here in the northeastern US they really don’t have any predators now that wolves are gone and foxes are very scarce. The predators were hunted into near extinction for their pelts and fear, but hardly anyone wants a squirrel coat or favours their meat.

So like deer, they’re are lots and lots of squirrels around, chewing on my shutters atm it sounds like :) The balance of nature equation doesn’t work so well with humans in it.

Hey at least I have this going for me where I reside

3488F35D-8A82-428D-94D0-D6BA755BF56E.png

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #747 of 4,614
Can we see the red version with the black case on it?
I am wishing for the same - most likely gonna be my choice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back