1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last
  1. djricekcn
    personally don't think screen quality matters much long as i'm able to see the album cover...not like i'm going to watch movies on it. I wouldn't mind if it's in the quality of the older cellphones or portable gaming consoles.

kenloveme likes this.
  2. kenloveme
    @Luhar @Zachik I am looking for a black case to shoot the pictures :wink:, will update later when I have one! :D

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Luhar and Zachik like this.
  3. cazone
    @kenloveme I think this is is an important point that should not be forgotten.
    lot's of folk will want to use this little player with a big screen as a transport for an external dac.

could you please look into this ? merci

PS: tu es où en France ?

kenloveme likes this.
  4. GuywhoLikesHIFI
    I'm backer 1653.
    Really hopeful that this will be an amazing value Dap. I hope it beats the Cayin N3! :dt880smile:

kenloveme likes this.
  5. kenloveme
    @AndySocial There is actually a limit you for the category mode but it is not really an issue as you said, because you can easily bypass that by actually splitting your songs in different folders so it shouldn't be an issue :)

6. kenloveme
    @Ashish100 Thanks for your support! If you want to run, then the pledge with the leather case is the one for you :). Tbh, I also run quite a lot, I enjoy that the most while listening to music. You know, you can put some very lively or strong songs to motivate you even more! It works for me at least haha. The AP80 will do its job very well by offering you the sound quality you want, the rest is up to you! :) Good luck haha!

7. kenloveme
    @GuywhoLikesHIFI Thank you for backing us up! :D It will be for sure! You can look at the video reviews from the pro-audiophiles on Head-fi. It has a very positive reception so far :)

8. kenloveme
    @kwangomango @cazone The AP80 can be used as an external DAC :).

Je suis de Paris comme toi! :) (YOUHOU)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  9. djricekcn
    AP80 is Balanced and does the SeeDs come with a balanced cable??

10. IryxBRO
    No, AP80 is regular, unbalanced.

Seeds - yes, they come in two different versions (there is a choice at Hidizs store): 2.5mm balanced or 3.5mm unbalanced

11. djricekcn
    Have you experienced both balanced and unbalanced for the seeds? Any differences for you? Opinion?

12. IryxBRO
    Yes, I have both versions and both are checked with Hidizs Sonata DH1000 external DAC&AMP which has both types of outputs.

Despite slightly different tech. chars of 2.5 and 3.5 versions of Seeds - the only differences that have been spotted by me mostly relate to Sonata DH1000 performance in unbalalnced and balanced circuits (bit more ch separation, a bit more power and a bit less noise for balanced output). But in overall - sound picture is the same, SQ is high, very good details, natural and neutral sound with very small tendency to brighter side.

13. Ashish100
    I am already a backer and with a case!!
    I

kenloveme likes this.
  14. kenloveme
    My bad then! haha and thanks for supporting us! :D you can still warm up and get ready for running before the AP80 comes to you haha :wink:

15. AndySocial
    That sounds a little off. It's not a problem in folder browse mode, but it sounds like it could definitely be a problem if someone actually wants to use the category database mode. Especially since it looks like M3U playlists are finally going to be functional in the category menu, the folder browse mode loses some of its appeal for those who aren't full-album listeners. If the database can only handle 15,000 tracks, a 400 GB or 1 TB storage medium becomes a lot less useful for those who don't use exclusively massive DSD files.

FSTOP likes this.
First

Back
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Next

Last