Anedio D2 DAC release
Feb 8, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #106 of 1,416
Thanks for the update project86. eagerly awaiting your review of the D2. 
normal_smile .gif

Feb 20, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #108 of 1,416
Great news! Looking forward to some impressions of the D2 and how it compares with the D1.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #112 of 1,416
I just got the Anedio U2 today.  Simple driver installation.  Things do seem clearer.  Hard to say for sure without true A/B, but I really don't care. I wanted to sure up a weak link in the chain, and I think this cute little device now gives me bit perfect via s/pdif.  I want to have it connected to my little Nuforce HDP directly sans cable, but I cannot find a little platform at the right height (about 3.5") to support it.  I currently am using a blue jeans BNC to RCA cable.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #113 of 1,416

Quote:
I just got the Anedio U2 today.  Simple driver installation.  Things do seem clearer.  Hard to say for sure without true A/B, but I really don't care. I wanted to sure up a weak link in the chain, and I think this cute little device now gives me bit perfect via s/pdif.  I want to have it connected to my little Nuforce HDP directly sans cable, but I cannot find a little platform at the right height (about 3.5") to support it.  I currently am using a blue jeans BNC to RCA cable.

Cool, thanks for the update. Apparently they sold out of the first batch of the U2 already, though I don't know how many that would have been. Likely a lot of D1 owners in the crowd. I've heard positive impressions from a few other folks as well. 

What happens if you connect directly to the HDP without a platform - does it make the HDP tip over?

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #114 of 1,416
Quote:
Anyone have any idea if iPad/iPhone can the source by using the camera connection kit for the D2? 
confused.gif

KK

iPad maybe, for sure not the iPhone.

Quote:

Have you looked into monitor stands?

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #115 of 1,416
Yeah, project86, I didn't even try a direct connection to the nuforce hdp cos both are small devices. While the icon is larger, I use the icon hdp in the vertical position, and it just seems unwise to have the U2 hanging mid-air from the hdp.

Grokit, monitor stands... Good idea, thank you. I think the next time I walk by a Staples office supply store, I will see if they have some kind of adjustable platform such as a small monitor stand. Certainly using a cable is not such a bad thing, but there is an allure of going straight into the dac from the U2 (then again, one could argue that using a bnc to RCA cable as I'm currently doing is equivalent to using a bnc to RCA adapter to go from the U2 to the hdp as I would need to do if I went cable less).

It is a very minimalist design, very small, like a pack of playing cards, and no lights whatsoever.

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #116 of 1,416
Just received my U2 today as well.  I will be comparing it to my JKeny modded hiface (mk1) version.  One thing that I did notice already is that I cannot use my 20dB attenuator with the U2 like I can with the hiface and still get a signal lock (at least with the Headroom Ultra micro DAC).
The unit is small, compact and very easy to set up on a Mac.  Seems to work seamlessly with Pure Music 1.85c, so that is a good thing.  I'll post my impressions when I have time to do a proper comparison. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #117 of 1,416
most interesting would be to compare it to an Audiophilleo !

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #120 of 1,416

[size=medium]In regard to a possible shipping date [/size][size=medium]I placed a pre-order for the Anedio D2 on February 15th[/size]

[size=medium]I received an e-mail yesterday from customer service in regard to another issue which stated  [/size]
[size=medium]" your order is in our first batch; ETA is 2nd week of march" .[/size]

[size=medium] [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back