Anedio D2 DAC release
Jan 23, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #91 of 1,417
Was just discussing on another thread how the Grace M903 has balanced inputs for the headamp/ADC? but no balanced outs from the DAC. It could be that they want to empathize the headamp function above the DAC but still.

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #92 of 1,417
Quote:
Was just discussing on another thread how the Grace M903 has balanced inputs for the headamp/ADC? but no balanced outs from the DAC. It could be that they want to empathize the headamp function above the DAC but still.

confused.gif
What? The Grace M903 does have balanced outputs.

Jan 23, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #93 of 1,417
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #94 of 1,417
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #95 of 1,417
Thanks, I couldn't tell those were TRS jacks... intuitively I was looking for "BAL OUT" 
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #96 of 1,417

Any standard USB cable will work the same as any fancy one - you probably have some extra laying around. 
L3000.gif

Quote:
Hi guys,

Just wondering if there are any stock cables included with the DAC? ie power cord and USB cable. If not a cheap and short USB type A to B will do right? 
confused.gif
 1st time into computer audio. 
L3000.gif

K.K.

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #98 of 1,417

Quote:
hoping it wont take long after release for some U2/ any other spdif converter comparisons (though mostly the hiface)

I imagine people are just going to start receiving them soon, so impressions should not be far off. Though in my opinion, meaningful impressions take a lot of listening before you can really figure things out. But some basic impressions/comparisons should not be far off. 

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #99 of 1,417
Really looking forward to those impressions of the D2 once it starts shipping. This is high on my list to get.

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM Post #100 of 1,417
I just wanted to say that I received a response from James about the voltage setting of the Anedio D1 / D2. You can set it when you purchase it to either 115 or 230 V, but even afterwards, you can change it on your own by opening the device and changing the position of a jumper. So yes, all Anedio D2 are compatible as is with the entire world. I've just sent another mail asking if there is anything to do about the fuse, but I doubt that.

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #101 of 1,417
I emailed Anedio with this query.

Hello,
Are the balanced and unbalanced outputs active at the same time? IOW,
would it be possible to drive my main amp through the balanced and my
subwoofer through the unbalanced at the same time with both being
controlled via the volume control? Thank you, konut

And this was the reply.

Hi konut,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Yes, the balanced and the unbalanced outputs are active at the same time.  There is, however, a 6 dB gain difference between the two.  Also, they are controlled in the same way by the volume control.

Best Regards,

--James

Thought you'd like to know.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #102 of 1,417
Also for those who find the gain of the D2 is too high to match the input rating of their amp, James has informed me that he can reduce the output by one half, thus matching amps with more sensativity. This must be done at  the factory and requested when you order the unit. It can also be changed back at the factory. Just thought you might like to know as I need less gain for some new amps. Regards

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #103 of 1,417

Quote:
I just wanted to say that I received a response from James about the voltage setting of the Anedio D1 / D2. You can set it when you purchase it to either 115 or 230 V, but even afterwards, you can change it on your own by opening the device and changing the position of a jumper. So yes, all Anedio D2 are compatible as is with the entire world. I've just sent another mail asking if there is anything to do about the fuse, but I doubt that.

Quote:
I emailed Anedio with this query.

Hello,
Are the balanced and unbalanced outputs active at the same time? IOW,
would it be possible to drive my main amp through the balanced and my
subwoofer through the unbalanced at the same time with both being
controlled via the volume control? Thank you, konut

And this was the reply.

Hi konut,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

Yes, the balanced and the unbalanced outputs are active at the same time.  There is, however, a 6 dB gain difference between the two.  Also, they are controlled in the same way by the volume control.

Best Regards,

--James

Thought you'd like to know.

Quote:
Also for those who find the gain of the D2 is too high to match the input rating of their amp, James has informed me that he can reduce the output by one half, thus matching amps with more sensativity. This must be done at  the factory and requested when you order the unit. It can also be changed back at the factory. Just thought you might like to know as I need less gain for some new amps. Regards

All good info to know - thanks to each of you for posting. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #105 of 1,417

Quote:
Anyone have any update on the shipping date? Getting impatient... 
blink.gif

Cheers,
KK

Last I heard from James they were waiting for a batch of the new ultra low phase noise oscillators to arrive. Apparently this is a new item, improved over the already excellent oscillator used in the D1.

He made it sound like they had the D2s all assembled and ready to go, awaiting the shipment of this critical part. So hopefully it is arriving right about now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back